Syd Haters & Bashers

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Syd Haters & Bashers

Post by oldperfume »

If you don't like Syd Barrett,if you don't like his music, if you're here to make fun of us Syd fans....GO AWAY! OK?!
PLEASE LEAVE. Bother the right wing christian groups or some other secular denomination. I'm new to this post & have answered some very old threads & people jump on me like white on rice. I come here to be with others who have ARTISTIC TASTE.You can state your opinion, say what you feel but to bash others who might "gush" over Syd or members who want a good debate, it's not right. Go to a Syd bashing site because this isn't one.Syd means something different to everyone. Let us enjoy what he did. Religion & Politics are debateable & always will be. Good for the soul. But when you get on a soap box & your way is the ONLY way.....you need to leave our site.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Syd Haters & Bashers

Post by Damn!t »

[-X
Calm down dude...

And, if you plan to stay here, please try not to react so aggressively. My warm reccomendation.
You are not really on a furtile ground for Syd lovers. Well, there maybee are folks who adore him, but they tend to stay in the shadow...
So, with this behaviour you'll only be an easy target for our resident intelligent young lads who simply cant wait to cut you down in your root.
Do yourself a favour and let this be your last topic like that...ok?

Now, go a bit in a games and fun forum and relax man. This is just the net you know...
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Post by thehumanzoo »

See above.

I'm sure you have a lot of great stuff to contribute, but you are beginning to alienate a lot of this forum by accusing a Pink Floyd forum, of all things, of generally not liking or understanding Syd Barrett. Whilst I personally prefer other eras of the band, as with most people here we all agree that he did a lot of great stuff.

Please stop with the bashing-people-who-you-believe-to-be-bashing-Syd-who-in-fact-are-voicing-objective-reasoning because it is becoming trolling of the highest order - up there with kitkat and RealPinkInTheInside.

Most people here have a lot of great things to say about Syd - you really are not on your own. Syd does not need defending at every hilt, but it is an unfortunate that like his later-life personality, much of his music is in many ways flawed.
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Post by oldperfume »

That's fine with me, I enjoy a good debate or just a discussion. I also have no problem when people can amicably agree to disagree. You can even say Syd sucks if you want. What I don't understand is when people voice their opinion (And they should whenever they can) That if You or I don't agree with them then we are wrong. I don't buy into that bullshit & never will. Just like people telling you your religion is wrong & you're going to hell. I think most of you are articulate,sensible & have valid points about all things Syd & Pink Floyd. I'd like to be a part of that. I just never liked it when people told me who to like, what to listen to,believe in, ya know? Opinions are like arm pits: everyone has them, but we can agree to disagree.......................HAPPY HOLIDAYS MY FELLOW FLOYDIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sonsofthedesert
Embryo
Embryo

Post by sonsofthedesert »

I can certainly see your point with some of the latest onerous threads!

Eg;
" The truth about Syd's mental condition"(what's the truth about it?) again ](*,)
"Does anyone else not get the appeal"(my personal fave!!) :roll:
"Aspergers"(calling all psychiatrists!!!) :lol:
"This might be insensitive but"(lets wait for someone to die so we can open up them lovely archives [-o< )

I might start a thread about-"Does any one not get the appeal" of say..... Nick Mason,all round raconteur,vintage car collector, Pink Floyd archivist,father of how many children...? and occasional drummer?
Does Nick even have ANY appeal?Hmmm?
I do really love you Nick!

Will I ? No... i couldnt be bothered!!!

All the best

P.S Just scored some tickets for the Great Jeff Beck (Melbourne March 2010) <ii>
30yrsydfan
Axe
Axe

Post by 30yrsydfan »

Syd Barrett KICKS WATERS' ASS EVERYTIME! I 'll put ANY SYD TUNE AGAINST ANY WATERS TUNE! SYD WILL WIN! Waters fans are just pissed because they only got kaos, garbage, pros and cons garbage, music from body, garbage, amused garbage etc. Syd fans HAVE TIMELESS CLASSICS THAT ARE STILL IN HIGH DEMAND TODAY!!!!
Old perfume smells pretty good to me!!!

hahahehehehhaa
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Well now that you pathetic children have finished your little foot stamping session perhaps I can say a few things.

Firstly I don't bash Syd, I just think his musical output is not worthy of some of the praise lavished upon it. Syd's solo albums are basically him propped up in a studio somewhere limping away on guitar with songs that have no consistent structure or meaningful lyrics. They are painful to listen to. I could get my biggest most unmusical dumbass friend to learn 3 chords and he would be making music of the standard of the solo Syd albums in about a week..

Secondly he completely stiffed the band. He might have been the driving force or whatever, but he nearly ruined the band completely, and given that they had all quit their educations or whatever to become pro musicians it would have sucked to see Syd sabbotage performances so badly. They made a huge sacrifice to become Pink Floyd and then Syd acted so badly on tour and became so unprofessional that it must have hurt them badly to see that. I'm surprised they didn't give him a good kicking atleast once.

Finally what people perceive to be me bashing Syd is me usually trying to get the obsessive sad-act Astral Piperrejects to quit hurling their fecal matter around this forum so much. I mean they claim to have a personal affinity with Syd and would defend all he did as if he was king Midas. However having been on Jimi Hendrix forums and The Doors forums I have seen obsessive fans for basically every band. They are the delusional wasters who think heavily vandalising Jim Morrison's grave is koshur behaviour. Because they always think they have the rare insight into what Jim/Syd/Jimi/Elvis whoever would have wanted, and that everybody else just doesn't 'get it'. I think Syd's complete physical absence from the world since about 1970 doesn't help, it basically made a void that could be filled with all sorts of embellishments. Syd visits you in your dreams? Very nice.

Either way these complete wasters thought it would be a good idea to hide a camera in their hair or something then go knock his front door and film him. They also stalked him and made that pathetic DVD from the results. For being the ones that apparently 'get' Syd they seem to overlook the fact that he never wanted public contact. Ever.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I don't know that anyone has really bashed syd so far and I have especially seen no evidence of intolerance towards his fans. Find me an example and i will gladly swallow my words.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

This thread is foolish and is thus locked.

If anybody feels that someone has broken the forum rules, then please report the post in question by clicking on the red exclamation mark button at the top right of the post in question. Myself or a moderator will then review the situation.