Kept it going - nice band members

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
1drunk

Kept it going - nice band members

Post by 1drunk »

Hi! I just wanted to say thank you to you all for keeping the legend of Syd Barrett alive in yours and our hearts! It's really a nice thing. Too often band members have dropped off from old band crews and nobody seems to care, notice or actually say anything about them. It's like, "good riddens," or it didn't happen - mostly I guess they don't want the negative publicity? But, Roger and David have really turned it into something positive and I actually think it's pretty caring to have a festival showing things that Syd made with the understanding of those with mental disabilites.
It seems unique something no other band has really done before and that sets you all aside as caring and i'm so happy that you do care and you've dragged this on and on because I still want to hear all the positive even what is considered as negative for Syd or his band, I can turn it around and look at the positive aspects of Syd and his life and the influence Pink Floyd is making that on our lives still today. And they should be proud. Damn! It would be nice if more people felt this way about the people in their bands. One thing Roger is outspoken and pretty honest and I really think that is something that David and the rest of the band should be proud of and glad to have a friend that is so involved and care like he does.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Kept it going - nice band members

Post by moom »

You're welcome.
But sometimes outspokenness can be annoying. I should have known ;)
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

1drunk wrote:Hi! I just wanted to say thank you to you all for keeping the legend of Syd Barrett alive in yours and our hearts! It's really a nice thing. Too often band members have dropped off from old band crews and nobody seems to care, notice or actually say anything about them. It's like, "good riddens," or it didn't happen - mostly I guess they don't want the negative publicity? But, Roger and David have really turned it into something positive and I actually think it's pretty caring to have a festival showing things that Syd made with the understanding of those with mental disabilites.
It seems unique something no other band has really done before and that sets you all aside as caring and i'm so happy that you do care and you've dragged this on and on because I still want to hear all the positive even what is considered as negative for Syd or his band, I can turn it around and look at the positive aspects of Syd and his life and the influence Pink Floyd is making that on our lives still today. And they should be proud. Damn! It would be nice if more people felt this way about the people in their bands. One thing Roger is outspoken and pretty honest and I really think that is something that David and the rest of the band should be proud of and glad to have a friend that is so involved and care like he does.
Well...Syd is Syd, David is David and Roger is Roger.....
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

1drunk wrote:It seems unique something no other band has really done before .

Manic Street Preachers
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

Oasis brothers....
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »