Syd festival November 2010

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
BrianW
Axe
Axe

Syd festival November 2010

Post by BrianW »

As a followup to 'The City Wakes' a new (annual?) festival will be held in November 2010 with Rosemary's backing in aid of 'The Syd Barrett Fund' which supports the charity 'Escape Artists'.

Part of the festival I am curating an exhibition of Syd's art and letters - this will show some previouly unseen art, and will include extensive interpretation from Will Shutes who is Assistant Curator for the exhibition.

****News!****

I visited one of Syd's ex-girlfriends yesterday, and she has pledged her artwork for the exhibition. This includes never a before seen photograph that Syd took of her as a study for a painting. He decided to burn the painting, but she still has the photograph which is a beautiful composition.

She also has pledged her collection of love letters from Syd covering his early teens through to his early days gigging in London. Will Shutes (Assistant Curator of the Exhibition) and myself will be selecting those letters that reflect his thoughts, art and music for display.

(P.S. The name of the festival is likely to change to something more appropriate than City Wakes - watch here for more information in the next couple of weeks...)