Pink Floyd The Wall (Silver Version)

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
djproject
Axe
Axe

Pink Floyd The Wall (Silver Version)

Post by djproject »

There is a project that I would like to see realised.

PINK FLOYD THE WALL

We all know the album. We all know the concerts. We all know the film. But like most good works of art, there can be another telling that enhances it further. In this, I'm talking about Flash animation and making it available on the Internet.

There are similiarities we can do but we can also do something different. For an example, "In the Flesh?" will still have Pink speaking on stage at a football stadium. However, towards the end, Pink jumps into the audience (showing spectacle), barks orders for the lights and such and retreats outside the stadium for the bombers to show up and incinerate the place. The final shot is Pink running outside the stadium, a wall is visible on the edge of the horizon (symbolizing that this is his imagination, not reality) and he's crouched in a fetal position.

I have a storyboard worked out both in my head and on paper and I will be posting these onto separate topics so it can be discussed. What I want is willing participants who can design and animate. The style can be similar to Gerald Scarfe's work but your own style is fine. Let's not let geography be a barrier.

The goal is (and I hope it's not an unrealistic one) to have it ready for release on 30 November 2004, the silver anniversary of <i>The Wall</i> released in the UK (and there'll be an encore presentation for 8 December 2004, the silver of the US release).

Thank you,

DJP
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have been thinking of doing something like that for a while but it would be just too time consuming for me. I have not got that much experience with Flash or vector graphics in general but I may start learning whilst I am not in university! :D

Great idea and I hope somebody makes it!! :D :D
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Sounds like a plan!

Post by MikeWaters »

That sounds like a great idea I would be VERY interested in seeing that!
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

Didn't someone do a post of the exact same idea around the time when NPF was in its infancy? I remember it, I mentioned I was interested in a possible The Wall musical.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Don't you just get a great feeling of nostalga looking back at those posts?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:Don't you just get a great feeling of nostalga looking back at those posts?
yeah, i thought that! The good old days!! :-)
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

There's nothing wrong with these days either.The forum has been busy as can be you got to admit.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

flashback wrote:There's nothing wrong with these days either.The forum has been busy as can be you got to admit.
Of course. I am very happy with the way the forum is going!! One of the best forums in the world I think!! :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Everybody ought to know how I feel about NPF Forum,the only thing I can add is keep talking.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I wish there was more buzz. I love the interaction and sense of, well, buzziness that one gets from multiple like-minds operating on a sync'd level.

So to speak.

:lol:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

kjnpf wrote:
flashback wrote:There's nothing wrong with these days either.The forum has been busy as can be you got to admit.
Of course. I am very happy with the way the forum is going!! One of the best forums in the world I think!! :lol:
I'm having fun!!! For sure...... :)
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

This place rocks. I just wish we had more members. Oh well. We seem to be getting a new daily member or two every single month, so by the end of the year NPF will probably be quite the busy place.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

RPitI,Ilooked through the members list & out of 617members 98% of them have never posted or did once.You see out of 10,000 post most were done by say 25 people.Keith ought not let anybody win anything unless you posted in say the last 30 days.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I feel we got plenty of people, it's just hardly anyone actually posts here. Ok, so there's always about 20 who post a lot, but other than that we hardly hear from our members.

Back in the good old days people broke rules a lot more so the forum was filled with threads for or against Davild Gilmour. Although it was still a great forum before the ban it definitly imrpoved after the ban of all things Dave versus Roger and the new forum rules.