Policy on Photography | Roger Waters Wall Tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Policy on Photography | Roger Waters Wall Tour

Post by Keith Jordan »

Anyone know what the policy on photography is at the Wall Tour concerts? I am deciding early which camera to take! The point and shoot of the Canon EOS 500D! 8)

I would love to be able to take Mr Big camera and get some great photos of the show. Although I am not sure I would want to distract myself from the whole show going on in front of me for too long!!

grelch
Knife
Knife

Re: Policy on Photography | Roger Waters Wall Tour

Post by grelch »

Doesn't say anything about live animals.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Keith Jordan wrote:Although I am not sure I would want to distract myself from the whole show going on in front of me for too long!!
Exactly.
Being some sort of photographer myself, I'd love to take the big machine in and make some hellowa pics. But this is the wall gig, something different.
So I'll take a small lumix in to make couple of "souvenir" pics and vids and that's it. I want to enjoy the gig(s) as much as possible.
Mokum69
Blade
Blade

Post by Mokum69 »

Very soon I think all the pictures you could ever want will be online anyway .
Chaos76
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Chaos76 »

How are all these people sneaking in their pocket camcorders?
ChrisM
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ChrisM »

Chaos76 wrote:How are all these people sneaking in their pocket camcorders?
smartphones
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Or a great phone, audio/video recorder hidden um... rectally? :)

Joking aside, when I went to the previous shows, I actually had a pretty big regular digital camera in which at the Gilmour/Wright Chicago show they checked my pockets and actually 'took my words' that I won't use the camera and let me in. At my seat there was an event staff lady there. I simply told her that I would take pictures and film short video clips with my camera flash OFF. She smiled and said that they cannot take it. In other words they don't highly recommend taking pictures but while smiling and saying they couldn't take the cameras, she was in other words telling me to 'go for it'.

At the Waters DSOTM 2006 show in Noblesville, they were strict in checking pockets in which a guy actually felt me up on my pants. He felt the same camera and told me to empty my pockets in which I held up a line being a bit embarrassed. I took out the contents and explained about the camera. He told me they didn't care about all that and said they were checking for illegal things (drugs, weapons, etc.) and audio/film recording equipment. They thought that my camera bulge in the pants were the small digital HD camcorder. They apologized for the holdup and let me on through.

I think the event/security staff are really more concerned about illegal recordings but not necessarily amateur pics and phone cameras since these would be more lower quality; at least back in 2006. Now I see on YouTube, incredible HD quality of the current Waters Wall shows. I mean damn these clips look more professional than even Pulse video quality!!!
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

My friend's wife brought a camera to the Toronto show that they went to. I don't know if it was a digital or film.
I'm debating on bringing my digital or film I don't want to have my digital possibly siezed, but she said they were being pretty lax with those things.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Keith, is that the official Roger Waters policy? Or just the Air Canada Centre policy?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I do not know. It has the ACC logo on the top of the board so could be the venue only. I really want to take my big camera, turn the flash and preview screen off so it does not disturb anyone, then take 5 or so high quality photos of the wall before construction, during, after and when it comes down. I fear I may end up having to buy another high quality point and shoot camera.

On the policy of camera, I find it very annoying and distracting when all I can see in front of me is a sea of bright display screens on phones and cameras!!! Turn the display off and use a viewfinder!! :D

I may get in touch with the MEN in Manchester and ask about their photography policy.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

My camera doesn't have a view finder. I was thinking of putting some tape over the flash just in case...
Hotpotato
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hotpotato »

It only says "No Audio or Video".
Nothing about photography.
Just went to an ACDC concert without any problems with my entire SLR kit.
Zack
Knife
Knife

Post by Zack »

No weapons? It's an outrage!
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Yeah, how are they going to shoot the members of the audience that stand on ther seats then? :lol:
mandraxhair
Blade
Blade

Post by mandraxhair »

grelch wrote:Doesn't say anything about live animals.
It quite clearly says no projectiles.