Policy on Photography | Roger Waters Wall Tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
planejumper
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Policy on Photography | Roger Waters Wall Tour

Post by planejumper »

I, as well as MANY people, had a camera at tonight's MSG show (10/5) . I had a Canon Powershot, nothing huge or major, but I did see a few people with much larger cameras, zoom lenses etc. One couple with one of the arger cameras I saw actually had an MSG security employee take a picture of them on their way in. I walked right through the checkpoint of the line carrying my camera.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Excellent news! I will probably buy a decent compact camera when I watch the Manchester show I am going to so I can conceal it better!!

Do feel free to share your photos with NPF to add to the gallery... :-;
tonymasiello
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tonymasiello »

Security seemed very relaxed in Boston also. We did not get searched at all and I didn't see anyone else being searched as we went through. Also, once inside, security seemed very mellow. Like you mentioned, it was a sea of LCD displays during the show.

I would not let my wife bring her Kindle e-reader because we took the train in and I didn't want any problems if she could not bring it in. Of course I got some dirty comments once we got to our seats w/o being searched and she saw every other imaginable gadget being used...
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Heres what I do...

Get a hooded top (or similar) with a pocket on the front, place velcro on the inside edges of the pocket, place the camera in the pocket and then press the velcro together to seal. Tie the top round your waist and hey presto! camera dangling round your backside where no man dares to feel and youre in! :D
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

simpledumbpilot wrote:camera dangling round your backside where no man dares to feel and youre in! :D
Oooh I don't know Stu, now I have that image of you in the pink tutu I might be tempted. :twisted: :lol:
RSO 34
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RSO 34 »

The policy is not dictated by the show but the venue. Each venue generally has the info on it's website as to photography rules and prohibited items. For example, I just went to Nassau coliseum where the policy is no pro grade camera gear but point and shoots were fine. Despite that, I managed to be the only one in the crowd who talked his way through security with a canon 5d Mark II......

http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... 23&t=22331
Petsie
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Petsie »

In Philadelphia the tickets said no audio, video, or recording devices. Upon entering the building, it was announced to have all bags open, and they were scanning everyone with a metal detector. I had brought my old Minolta Maxxum 7000 film camera since there was no mention of film cameras either on the ticket or the venue website. The guy at the door told me I couldn't use it at all- I asked to speak with a supervisor who said I could use it, but couldn't use my large zoom telephoto lens, nor could I use flash. About 5 minutes before the concert actually started, there was an announcement that said that picture cameras were fine, but no flash because of the lighting. So I was able to use my camera after all, and even used the zoom lens I had.
srijken
Embryo
Embryo

Post by srijken »

grelch wrote:Doesn't say anything about live animals.
Ofcourse not, pigs have to be allowed.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

it also says no inflatibles - what ever those are. :lol:
LoneWolf
Embryo
Embryo

Post by LoneWolf »

Heres the official policy (What they told us before the show) -I was at the Washington DC show and the one at Phili

No "professional recording devices" This means no cameras on tripods or large video cameras. Smartphones are fine.
If you happen to be in the front row, the policy is different:

Quote from the security guard (you can hear it in the first link below)
"Video modes off guys, pictures only"

I actually got caught filming in the flesh, thats why it stops after the first few lyrics.

Here are all the videos I was able to take: (Including a soundcheck one that I snuck into the arena to get.

In the Flesh I (Front Row)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4JRVNSakw

Mother/In the Flesh Soundcheck (Exclusive) --Had to sneak into the arena to take this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cK6FGO5TuA

Comfortably Numb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmDUM2Eu8g

Comfortably Numb Solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ovp8JW3Yg
hertogjejan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hertogjejan »

Dont take anything...its a concert not a photo opportunity if you do remeber the person behind you