American Football

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

American Football

Post by Creek »

The NFL's season is in to it's 6th week now, so I thought it was time to open a thread for all the fans from around the world.

I watched Monday Night Football last night and enjoyed seeing my team, The Titans beat the Jacksonville Jaguars soundly. 30 - 3. They are now in a tie for 1st place in the AFC South, with Indy, and Houston.
The Titans could have really lit up the scoreboard, but they stuck to running the ball with their speedy running back Chris Johnson, who only really broke loose once for a 25 to 30 yard touchdown near the end of the game. Tennessee's quarterback Vince Young injured his knee, I'm hoping it's not to serious. They are more of a scoring threat with him and Chris Johnson on the field at the same time.
Who is your favorite team?
Who do you think has the best chance to go to the Super Bowl?
What do you think about the Brett Farve sexting scandal?
Does anyone care about American football?
boo
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: American Football

Post by boo »

not a big football fan myself, creek......and this time of year, for me, it's all about baseball! :mrgreen:
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but we've had a thread for it in the past. We had a few fans, so there is a thread here when someone gets ready to post something about their favorite team. I don't think JABOA will be here anytime soon talking about the lowly Buffalo Bills. 8)
RYANO
Axe
Axe

Post by RYANO »

Its a wuss's game... All that padding and helmets.

A game of Rugby, now yer talking a mans game.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

I respect a fan of any sport, well almost any sport. Comparing Rugby, and American football, would you believe that the career expectancy for a American football player is actually shorter. There are a lot of big fast men hitting each other hard. Hell, I played 3 years in high school and still have problems to this day, and that was over 40 years ago.
Yes I wussed out after a doctor told me that I'd either be in a comma or crippled the rest of my life, if I kept playing. All that padding didn't help me much.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

This is my sincere yet feeble attempt to knock the dust off of this thread after being shown the door at the other football thread.

Any American football fans left here? What's your team and how do you believe they stack up this year? Are you as glad as me that the lockout is finally over?

I have been a Steelers fan since I was very young and I would like them to have another shot at the Lombardi Trophy this year. They were so close to #7 but fell apart in the Super Bowl. Very disappointing but, as I always say, "Win, lose or tie, I'm a Steelers fan until the day I die!"
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

pastchristmas wrote:This is my sincere yet feeble attempt to knock the dust off of this thread after being shown the door at the other football thread.

Any American football fans left here? What's your team and how do you believe they stack up this year? Are you as glad as me that the lockout is finally over?

I have been a Steelers fan since I was very young and I would like them to have another shot at the Lombardi Trophy this year. They were so close to #7 but fell apart in the Super Bowl. Very disappointing but, as I always say, "Win, lose or tie, I'm a Steelers fan until the day I die!"

welcome to the club,been a steeler's fan since the 70s when I was a kid.They got a great shot at it again this year.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

*wonders if he should dust off all of the old, inflammatory comments from the last discussion about this subject* <ii> <ii>
Stinibobs
Axe
Axe

Post by Stinibobs »

Minnesota Vikings fan, not sure on our chances to do anything this year, we'll have to see how Ponder settles in. I feel we've got a couple of awesome players so hopefully we can have a good season.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

mosespa wrote:*wonders if he should dust off all of the old, inflammatory comments from the last discussion about this subject* <ii> <ii>
Hey, a great part of football is trash talking, so that could actually be fun.

Of course, if you are from Pittsburgh but not necessarily a Steelers fan, that might not be very much fun. :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I hate all sports. I see no point in them whatsoever...just so much a waste of time to me.

I'm not impressed by feats of agility, strength, speed or whatever because I figure that anyone who dedicates their entire life to honing those skills had BETTER be really good at them or else they're just going to look like a jackass.

When it comes to American Football, though; I've always said that if I have a ball and someone else wants it badly enough to hurl themselves at my knees and cripple me, they can just have the damned thing and I'll go buy another one. :lol:
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

mosespa wrote:I hate all sports. I see no point in them whatsoever...just so much a waste of time to me.

I'm not impressed by feats of agility, strength, speed or whatever because I figure that anyone who dedicates their entire life to honing those skills had BETTER be really good at them or else they're just going to look like a jackass.
You could say the same thing about music ;)
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

I can certainly appreciate the opinion that sports are a waste of time. I sort of believe that myself but I just somehow ended up always liking football, even though no other sports ever interested me or made much sense.

That being said, I was intrigued to find out today that Chad Ochocinco was traded to the Patriots. This is good. Hopefully he will start dropping Tom Brady's passes the way he dropped Carson Palmer's. :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

pastchristmas wrote:I can certainly appreciate the opinion that sports are a waste of time. I sort of believe that myself but I just somehow ended up always liking football, even though no other sports ever interested me or made much sense.

That being said, I was intrigued to find out today that Chad Ochocinco was traded to the Patriots. This is good. Hopefully he will start dropping Tom Brady's passes the way he dropped Carson Palmer's. :lol:
poor Cincy fans,first Carson retires then they trade Ocho,like they wasn't bad enough.just set the field afire now and get it over with.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

Cincinnati fans kinda deserve the bad luck they have been getting, both with the Bengals and with the Reds. They have long been known as fair-weather fans. The stadiums are jam packed when their teams are winning but 3/4 empty when they are in slumps. So the chickens are coming home to roost as far as I am concerned.

This is the main reason why I don't respect most Cincinnati fans, because they lack loyalty, perseverance and heart. Even though I love my team, I have great respect for any fan of any team who will stick by their team no matter what, whether winning or losing.

I always watch all teams in the AFC North closely because I always hope for a hearty division each year to face my Steelers. I would much rather the Bengals put up more of a fight than they have been lately and provide better competition. It is getting really old to have just the Steelers and the Ravens really make any noise. I'd love to see the Browns and Bengals make it interesting as well.

I do think the Bengals are going in the right direction, though. They are making some solid trades, getting rid of a lot of the riff raff, and building their team around people who are more concerned with playing than getting camera time. If a route is not completed, then it should be worked out and improved. Instead, last season, they had Palmer, Ocho and TO on the sidelines bitching at each other like the Kardashian sisters every time a pass was dropped or picked. That's not gonna ever win any championships.