American Football

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: American Football

Post by danielcaux »

jambo wrote:
mosespa wrote:I hate all sports. I see no point in them whatsoever...just so much a waste of time to me.

I'm not impressed by feats of agility, strength, speed or whatever because I figure that anyone who dedicates their entire life to honing those skills had BETTER be really good at them or else they're just going to look like a jackass.
You could say the same thing about music ;)
But then you would be presuming that music is a competiton. Music is art, and in my opinion art can't be a contest, therefore you can't really say that some artists are better than others.

Of course, die-hard fanboys of any band think that music actually IS a contest too. But we all know how stupid they are.

By the way, I do like watching sports from time to time, not as much as playing them though, but have never been able to get American Football.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I don't mean that they are a competition, I just mean that mos said he wasn't impressed by feats of agility, strength, etc and people could say the same thing about musicians and their skill set.

Just as mos sees no point in sport, others could see no point in music.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Yeah, but then again most people don't like music because of the musician's skills, they just like some music because it sounds good to them.

Although it's also true that some people do approach music as a sport. They are the ones that are blown away by things like the G3 tours and Math-Metal.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

It doesn't matter how good the musician's skills are. If he can't set up a proper 3-4 defense or stop Tom Brady's passing game, I've got no use for him!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

pastchristmas wrote:It doesn't matter how good the musician's skills are. If he can't set up a proper 3-4 defense or stop Tom Brady's passing game, I've got no use for him!
unless he can play the half-time show,then he's in <ii>
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

jambo wrote:You could say the same thing about music ;)
I do...quite frequently. :)

Guys like Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen and many others fail to impress me because while they're very good gymnasts, they aren't playing anything that I care to listen to.

So...what's the point in listening?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

There is no point

that's the point

;)
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

mosespa wrote:
Guys like Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen and many others fail to impress me because while they're very good gymnasts, they aren't playing anything that I care to listen to.

So...what's the point in listening?
Too right you are! I heard the most amazing guitarist at Borders book store recently and had a very nice time as I sat and enjoyed my hot cocoa. The only thing is that 5 minutes after I left, I couldn't remember a single note he had played.

A good artist, in my opinion, has something to say, not just something to show.

That being said, I am totally psyched about the football season starting. I am holding out hopes that the AFC North will be a stronger division this year and I am looking forward to the first preseason game next Friday!
Adam82
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Adam82 »

AFC Noth had two teams in Divisional Playoffs, and Steelers in Super Bowl. So I wouldn't say that's a bad record. It will be another cool season, hope that Steelers will pull it off again. I've read that Ben Roethlisberger is in great shape. :-)
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

I hold some hope for the Titans this year, with their new coach. They do need to sign Chis Johnson, come off some of that money Bud Adams.
jschexna
Axe
Axe

Post by jschexna »

College football starts tonight. The big game of the week will be LSU @ Oregon in Dallas. Geaux Tigers!!
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

What about those Buffalo BILLS JABOA?!
I know you are loving their winning ways. I'm happy for you my friend.:-)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

It sucks that I am an Oakland Raiders fan. By the way, the Bills won their game in Toronto. Should Toronto get an NFL football team?