"Pros and Cons" remastered?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Hellfrick
Embryo
Embryo

"Pros and Cons" remastered?

Post by Hellfrick »

Hi! I'm new to the forum--but I've been a Floyd fan for, hell, 30 years now. Since high school, which I guess is a common starting point for most of us.

I've always been a huge fan of "Pros and Cons," though I wouldn't be surprised if it's in part because it was the first Waters show I saw. Whatever the reason, I've stayed loyal throughout the decades.

Has there ever been a legitimate remaster of that CD? I see plenty of things on Amazon, all with wildly varying prices. I don't want to shell out the bucks unless I'm certain to be getting something cleaner than the version that hit the CD back in the late 80s when it first appeared.

Can anyone vouch for an improved version and provide the appropriate Amazon link? (I'm in the US, BTW.)

Thanks!!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Pros and Cons" remastered?

Post by drafsack »

Rog does have a new box set so if it was going to be remasterd it might have been done for that

Follow the link

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... out-monday
Hellfrick
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hellfrick »

Hi. Thanks for the link--unfortunately, the ad says nothing's been remastered. (What a shame!)

Then again, I supposed if it had EVER been remastered, that's the version that would be in the box, even if it were a 10 year old remaster. Ugh. As I'm not a huge fan of his other LPs, that'd be a lot for me to spend to ensure I have the best sounding version of that first CD.
Hellfrick
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hellfrick »

Hi again, Folks. Has anyone ever heard the 2005 Japanese mini-LP edition of "Pros & Cons"? If so, does it sound better than the other versions out there? Long shot, I know, but I'm still eager to get a cleaner-sounding version of this LP--at least on CD--and don't want to shell out a chunk of change unless I'm sure I'm getting something that's a sonic improvement.

Thanks!!