My double-signed Gilmour Album

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
jabriel_9
Embryo
Embryo

My double-signed Gilmour Album

Post by jabriel_9 »

Was listening to "On An Island" today, went on Youtube and found a clip of David signing autographs in Oakland, CA, at the Paramount Theater, April 16, 2006. I bought one of those albums from two guys who had driven down from Vancouver, B.C. to see the show. One of them had met Gilmour at the airport to get an autograph, which he showed me a video of on his phone. The second autograph on the outer cover I saw with my own eyes, as I was waiting in line to hopefully get a ticket last minute. David arrived for sound check, but as I had nothing for him to sign and was more focused on keeping my spot for a ticket, I just watched the lucky few get a signature. I am not ashamed to say I only paid a hundred bucks for the album, and cradled it in my sweatshirt pocket the whole night like a newborn baby. I haven't sent the album off to get authenticated, as I never intend to sell it unless I'm on the streets. Just thought I'd share a few photos and one of my favorite rock concert memories. I apologize for the poor quality of the photos, just taken with my Blackberry. Guessing this is the only David Gilmour double-signed album, at least of the "On An Island"? Can't imagine he would knowingly sign an album twice. Enjoy my Pink Floyd friends...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: My double-signed Gilmour Album

Post by kjek1 »

not surprised your thread didnt get any replies mate.

Now if he had told the autograph hunters to 'f**k off' as he has allegedly done before................
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I really don't get the point of buying something that someone else has got signed. I would have thought that the only reason to have autographed stuff in the first place is to show that you met the person in the flesh. :?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

No need to rub it in that you met Nick Mason at a book signing :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I'd be extremely wary of buying anything off the internet that's supposedly signed by a celebrity. Anyone can forge a signature and bang out a cert on Publisher. I'm not saying that this is what has happened here by the way. Just a general comment.

As kjek1 has pointed out, David does have a reputation for telling fans to feck off and refuses to sign things. Mainly these days because they just end up eBay.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

snifferdog wrote:David does have a reputation for telling fans to feck off and refuses to sign things.
And what about a certain Mr. Waters- oh no, he's very polite with normal people, just a bit fired up when it comes to the government, eh? :) :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

My favourite story, which I really hope is true, is about a fan getting him to sign a copy of Pulse. He scrawled "Bollocks" over the front of it with his black marker :lol:
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

snifferdog wrote:My favourite story, which I really hope is true, is about a fan getting him to sign a copy of Pulse. He scrawled "Bollocks" over the front of it with his black marker :lol:
Sounds plausible.

When Mason gave him a draft of 'Inside out' he had a different take on one page of events and handed it back to Mason with 'Bollocks' scrawled across said page :lol:

Never heard many probs about Dave signing autographs, but then maybe thats changed.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

snifferdog wrote:My favourite story, which I really hope is true, is about a fan getting him to sign a copy of Pulse. He scrawled "Bollocks" over the front of it with his black marker :lol:
And even funnier was I thought you were talking about Dave signing it in a moment of madness!
But Roger sounds more plausible. And I'd consider it a prized item if Roger scrawled something on a non-Waters CD.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

snifferdog wrote:My favourite story, which I really hope is true, is about a fan getting him to sign a copy of Pulse. He scrawled "Bollocks" over the front of it with his black marker
Is there any way of finding out the name of the fan and his whereabouts (if it's true)? 'Cause I'd really want to see that.