The Roger Waters 'lip syncing' theory possible solution.

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
spainboy
Embryo
Embryo

The Roger Waters 'lip syncing' theory possible solution.

Post by spainboy »

There has been a lot of debate as to whether RW has been lip syncing on his Wall tour considering how different his voice has sounded since the mid 80's so has anyone with a 'good ear' looked at various Youtube videos of a particular hard song from different Wall venues (a song that perhaps has a few high notes in) on his current tour and compared them? If he is singing live then he is not gonna sing the same song EXACTLY the same on each venue he is at.
Im guessing this is the only real way this argument could be put to bed.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Roger Waters 'lip syncing' theory possible solution.

Post by Keith Jordan »

There are a good few existing threads about this for you to browse through. He uses some vocal help here and there in the form of recordings but not too much. It is best to use some vocal help rather than listen to an old man murder a good tune! :shock:
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Keith Jordan wrote:T rather than listen to an old man murder a good tune! :shock:
That's not all he's doing...he's also being a good customer of the oil industry!
BeCarefulWithThatAxe
Embryo
Embryo

Post by BeCarefulWithThatAxe »

I was at the concert, Feb 1, Brisbane Entertainment Centre - 6th row & centre.
Bloody fantastic and virtually flawless show, on par with his 2007 dsotm tour where I sat in the same seat at the same venue.
He does do a "duet" with an old recording of himself performing "Mother" - which he introduces as not only a duet, but also as a rather perceivably narcissistic moment... But asides from this wonderfully unexpected nostalgic twist, myself and my concert going companions saw absolutely no hints whatsoever that Roger Waters was doing a Britney.
I prefer to trust in his talent and would never speculate about him actually lip-syncing... Had not even thought once about it until I came across this thread.
Have faith in the Floyd!

Follow me on twitter:
@UmmagummaMumma