Praise

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Mr Coolio
Embryo
Embryo

Praise

Post by Mr Coolio »

Hello to you all, :-;

This is an ace site!

I love Pink Floyd. I always have since the first time I heard them and it will last for the rest of my life.

I remember a song which still sticks in my head many years later. It was when Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 was a hit song. It was ages ago in 1979 when I was just a mere toddler. The grand age of 6. We were staying at my Nan's house and my Brother, 4, and I were sharing a bed. Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 came on the wireless and I can still remember how much I loved it. Yes I know I must have heard many other songs but this one still sticks in my head. I can still remember exactly what I was doing.
When I was about 10 I bought The Wall. Then a few years later I bought a collection of 6 of their albums. I played them so much as I loved each and every song they have created. I wore them out as that was back in the bad old days when I bought tape.
In 1991 I was doing Year 12 and every year we have a talent quest. I play guitar I got 2 of my great mates and we performed Wish You Were Here. It was 2 guitarists and 1 drummer. Dave Gilmour is such an excellent guitarist so we had 2 people to try and cover his part. We did allright but one thing that will last with me forever is that I displayed my love of the band by performing a great song. We performed in front of about 1000 people but I wasn't nervous one bit. I didn't have a tiny bit of stage fright. It was like I'd been doing it forever.
This year I went and watched Roger Waters, awesome. He had such great musicians and they performed The Wall, from start to finish. I call Roger Waters a perfectionist. Maybe he's a bit pedantic but by doing that he has conquered the world in one of the greatest bands ever;

Pink Floyd
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Praise

Post by rememberaday »

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Praise

Post by Creek »