Pink Floyd Forum "Event" - Your Thoughts

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd Forum "Event" - Your Thoughts

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am going to send out a newsletter and post on the NPF social media sites about the forum here to try to recruit some new visitors. May also do the annual mailing to reactivate some older posters who haven't visited in a good while too!

What I am after is some ideas about "events" that could attract people to the forum either as part of the one newsletter or over a few weeks.

"Events" could include competitions, games, videos/photos or some other event ideas you can think of.

Any ideas?
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Pink Floyd Forum "Event" - Your Thoughts

Post by Creek »

The Music Trivia game was really popular when it was going. It does take work on someone's part to come up the questions and to check the correctness of the answers. Then you have to have some kind of point system which necessitates someone keeping score. So I don't know if it's worth the trouble or not.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Pink Floyd mash-ups!!!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

We could form a band and make an album - oh you did that already. Ive noticed a couple of the other Floyd sites are running competitions so looks like they are all after increasing their membership
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

A lottery event in which the lucky winners gets to meet Waters and Gilmour respectively. Possible participation prize: you get to meet Polly Samson! :shock:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Or maybe you could try to get an interview with someone like Guy Pratt and have people send in questions? Of film it?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

snifferdog wrote:Or maybe you could try to get an interview with someone like Guy Pratt and have people send in questions? Of film it?

THIS!!!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

drafsack wrote:We could form a band and make an album - oh you did that already. Ive noticed a couple of the other Floyd sites are running competitions so looks like they are all after increasing their membership
We could do it again. We just have to lose that whole snotty "professional quality or bust" attitude which killed the second attempt (and rather ruined the first, imo.)

Oh yeah...the return of the Colbalt them would be a pretty cool event, imo. :)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Creek wrote:The Music Trivia game was really popular when it was going. It does take work on someone's part to come up the questions and to check the correctness of the answers. Then you have to have some kind of point system which necessitates someone keeping score. So I don't know if it's worth the trouble or not.
I still have that book (I came up with that game, much as I can remember).
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Another community made album would be cool. Unfortunately at this point the main thing that will bring people back is activity from either Pink Floyd or the individual solo efforts. When Roger and David release their albums and tour again, I bet we'll see an increase. 2006 was pretty crazy around here with all the tour talk.
mosespa wrote:Oh yeah...the return of the Colbalt them would be a pretty cool event, imo. :)
Definitely agree with this.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Well, what is it going to be? I finally have a multitrack, so tunes I could contribute.
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

jambo wrote:
mosespa wrote:Oh yeah...the return of the Colbalt them would be a pretty cool event, imo. :)
Definitely agree with this.
Oh the old times, back in 2005 ! :)