This forum is dead

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Re: This forum is dead

Post by rememberaday »

Keith Jordan wrote:There are about 100 post per week
You impatient dork, wait till Moom returns. We won't have the time then to worry about the forum's condition.
FIIIGHT!
You impatient dork, wait till Moom returns. We won't have the time then to worry about the forum's condition.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

:)

Haha, this single smiley post remind you of someone?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

This forum is dead due to the absence of the COBALT OPTION!!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I would like to point out that another Pink Floyd fan forum has been quite dead lately. I do believe social media is one change that has affected a number of old fashion discussion boards (btw, I have always felt the internet was inherently social, like just about every other medium). BUT, there is not a lot of activity on the Pink Floyd front lately. Also, touring the Wall for three years or so, isn't expanding discussion on that one topic alone really.

Start a section for members to post their original songs!! 8-[
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Forums like Yeeshkul are consistently active for Pink Floyd fans who post there about the music, recordings, and performance history. It's not just about the downloads. Even the QQ Forum has had more serious Pink Floyd activity and related discussions lately than this place with the release of the new Pompeii Quad Soundtrack. Not many folks care to talk about that on NPF. Seems the Nazi thread is more popular than Floyd around here. :?
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

mosespa wrote:This forum is dead due to the absence of the COBALT OPTION!!
What's that? A background theme or something?
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

We're not dead yet! Not even Alan even though he jumped out of his window. NO matter how far he fell, he's too mean to die. 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

rememberaday wrote:
mosespa wrote:This forum is dead due to the absence of the COBALT OPTION!!
What's that? A background theme or something?
Yes...and it made the place so, so much more beautiful than this subsilver trash.

And yes, RonToon, I think the Nazi discussion would be more popular because one thing about this forum is that a love of Pink Floyd was what all of us users here had in common; but it was far from the ONLY thing we'd ever talk about.

This led to people complaining that there wasn't much Pink Floyd related talk going on (not that there was much going on to talk about, really...all they've done for about 20 years now are reissues, the Live8 show and various solo projects which, to be fair, are NOT "Pink Floyd,") and people complaining about the way what was being talked about was being talked about.

The thing I loved about this forum was that anything went. It wasn't like certain forums I've encountered where Pink Floyd is the ONLY thing people are allowed to discuss or where discussing things that had nothing whatsoever to do with Pink Floyd received censure from admins and mods.

When people who complained about what was being discussed, or the manner in which it was being discussed were gently (or, perhaps not-so-gently) reminded that no one was FORCING them to read anything, they'd get all pissy and leave.

I, for one, don't think that this forum is "dead." I think we're just going through an inevitable period of low usage. All things go through peaks and valleys...we're simply in the midst of a valley right now.

I suppose I could go start another thread debating the nature of Objective Reality...but that'll just lead to more bitching and whining from people who can't discuss the subject intelligently or who are so indoctrinated into whatever collectivist douchebagTM philosophy they subscribe to that it will hurt their little pea-brains trying to even comprehend it.

But it would probably liven things up a bit. *shrug*
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

Mossy, I'd be happy to discuss anything you want, but I'm afraid I might be one of the people you think, " can't discuss the subject intelligently or who are so indoctrinated into whatever collectivist douchebagTM philosophy they subscribe to that it will hurt their little pea-brains trying to even comprehend it."
But, I'll take a stab at it anyway, and start with this. Just because you don't believe in someone else's philosophy doesn't make it less relevant, or that it means that person's brain mass is smaller than yours.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Perhaps not, Creek. But if I have followed their philosophy's line of thinking out to it's logical conclusion and they obviously have not and will not...what then?
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

mosespa wrote:Perhaps not, Creek. But if I have followed their philosophy's line of thinking out to it's logical conclusion and they obviously have not and will not...what then?
In that case, they don't have a leg to stand on. In my case the philosophys I hold to, I have thought out and for me they work. Where I currently stand in life proves them out for me. But that's me, I can't speak for anyone else.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Also, Creek...brain mass has not been shown conclusively to have any correlation to intellect. :)

To me, a "pea-brain" is not about mass. It's about what you do with your brain's abilities.

Someone who actively refuses to think and/or refuses to be analytical about what they believe and just buys into it because they think it saves them the effort of using their own mind deserves nothing but derision.

One doesn't have to think "like me" in order to earn my respect. They just have to THINK.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

Whether I have your respect or not, I'm always thinking. I have a son to get through College, and bills to pay, food to put on the table, and I have to maintain our woodstove, and cut firewood to keep us warm. Not very philosophical I know, but practical things that have to be taken care of.

But as I’ve said before I’ve thought out my political philosophies for many years now. I haven’t seen any alternative that is better in my mind. I’ve had many preached to me by people actively trying to change my mind. Others, I’ve heard about, checked them out to my satisfaction, and have decided they are not for me.

Oh and I'm well aware size doesn't matter. 8)
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

Oh well. What can i say after this.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

*shrug*?