Syd interview?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Syd interview?

Post by quicksilver »

Has anyone heard anything about a new Syd Barrett interview? There was some talk of this on another fan site. Apparently it's supposed to be published in some book comming out in the near future.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Look at the madcap post just under this topic!! Tim Willis' new book!! :-)
Ailbhe
Axe
Axe

Post by Ailbhe »

I wouldnt call that an interview though........I'd expected something in the nature of a half hour talk..........anyway the guy had no business going and disturbing Roger.......I think he's made it quite clear that he's just not interested. :evil:
jtk1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by jtk1 »

I haven't personally read the book, but listening to the opinions of others, there is a mixed reaction. In the main though people are pretty sceptical of the authors interpretation of what seems to be an invasion of Syd's privacy.
numbersix
Embryo
Embryo

mixed feelings as well

Post by numbersix »

I'm torn on this topic too...I'd like to know more about Syd but find it painful to put myself in his shoes. All the best to him!
kuruuzum
Embryo
Embryo

Here it is... Tim Willis "syd barrett interview"

Post by kuruuzum »

strange interview :?

İnterview with syd barrett

http://www.observer.co.uk/magazine/stor ... 28,00.html
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I was disgusted with Tim Willis after reading the book,he went on about how people in the past had tryed to get syd to talk by all methods,and how bad this is,then he just goes upto Syd while he is in his garden,and starts talking to him,not the proper way to construct an interview is it,Tim Willis should be ashamed with himself.No-one buy this book,LEAVE SYD(ROGER)ALONE!!!!.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

qjamesfloyd wrote:I was disgusted with Tim Willis after reading the book,he went on about how people in the past had tryed to get syd to talk by all methods,and how bad this is,then he just goes upto Syd while he is in his garden,and starts talking to him,not the proper way to construct an interview is it,Tim Willis should be ashamed with himself.No-one buy this book,LEAVE SYD(ROGER)ALONE!!!!.
Syd should be left alone. That is true. Tim never mentioned his past though did he? That is what hurts Syd apparently. Having a general discussion with him in a local shop and saying good morning or something would not be a bad thing. But going to the house he was "minding" was a bit out of order.

But on the other hand, it may put a lot of people off who would have otherwise gone and visited Syd. I don't know overall. Generally, it was not right of Tim.

The book is worth buying though. It is a good read. :)
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Don't get me wrong,i did like reading the book,but it was the whole build up to,what was promised a real proper interview with the legend that is Syd Barrett,that tarnished it for me a bit.the way he went about it.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

qjamesfloyd wrote:Don't get me wrong,i did like reading the book,but it was the whole build up to,what was promised a real proper interview with the legend that is Syd Barrett,that tarnished it for me a bit.the way he went about it.
It was a dissapointing interview but would have been good it it wasnt built up too much! The method for obtaining the interview was certainly questionable. Agreed. :)
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

I really don't know what people hope to gain from going to his house, do they really expect that he'll suddenly just open up and reveal all ? He wants to be left alone, and we should respect his wishes. Having idiot fans knocking on his door and hoping he'll give them the meaning of life isn't going to help anyone, least of all RKB. The guy hasn't recorded anything in 29 years, and has not released any albums of new material in 33 years. Can some people really not take the hint ?
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Here's Syd's email address if anyone wants to email him.

[email protected]
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

You hit the nail on the head,Bong. I couldn't of said it no better myself.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

I should try and create that email address and post it on every pink floyd board, I'd probably have as many people who emailed me thinking I was syd as those who wouldn't believe it.
James
Embryo
Embryo

hi-lo

Post by James »

i dunno