Porcupine Tree reformed: new song today, new album in 2022

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Eclipse

Porcupine Tree reformed: new song today, new album in 2022

Post by Eclipse »

In June 2022 Porcupine Tree will release their new studio album "Closure / Continuation" since 2009's The Incident.
I have been loving Steven Wilson's solo career so far, but it is even better news that, not only two new solo albums are in SW's plans for the next couple of years, but new PT stuff is finally arriving too!
This has been one of my favorite prog bands for many years, and I also love Gavin Harrison's drumming and Richard Barbieri's soundscapes/ambiences/keys playing in general. The band is now being presented as this trio (not sure who is the bassist, perhaps Nick Beggs from SW solo career?). Anyone into space rock, very atmospheric compositions, futuristic sounding music, will love them - especially the new song released today (link below).

Offical Band Instagram Announcement

Some hours ago a new song was released on their Youtube channel and other streaming services such as Spotify. It sounds AMAZING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW5v4Ohxk5k
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Porcupine Tree reformed: new song today, new album in 2022

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I've been a Porcupine Tree fan since the mid-90s, so I was pretty excited to hear that they were back together and had recorded a new album. That being said, I'm not doing backflips around the room in excitement over this song. I find it...OK. Maybe it will grow on me. One of the things I have always loved about PT is that they would re-invent themselves with every new album, never sounding the same as before. This doesn't have that same freshness and excitement for me that new PT usually did. Of course, I will reserve judgement till I hear the full album and I am definitely still looking forward to it. Hopefully they will pop across the Atlantic at some point for another tour too.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Really looking forward to this.
I used to live in the same town as Steven Wilson and would regularly seeing him walking the streets. It was all very bizarre to be honest as I'd not gotten into his music until 2015. He became my favourite artist at the time and I never had a clue he lived a mile away from me. I had the good fortune to see him standing outside Boots in Hemel High Street one day. I could not believe my luck! I strolled over and he seemed somewhat taken aback at a stranger coming up to him so very enthusiastically. He was amazingly friendly and down to earth and we chatted for about 10 minutes. He was very easy to talk to, and to actually have the time to talk to such an amazing musician in broad daylight, all to myself for more than ten minutes was well as one might imagine, rather surreal.
I stopped seeing him walking around about 2 years before I left the town and couldn't quite understand why. Turns out he had moved away which explained it all.
henno

Post by henno »

im a huge fan. lucky enough to catch steve in duolin on his last tour a few years ago... one of the loudest gigs ive been at !!

im hoping there will be a dublin date added to the PT tour at some stage in the future.