Songwriting Credits by Album : Pink Floyd

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Songwriting Credits by Album : Pink Floyd

Post by Keith Jordan »

Found this on reddit showing writing credits for Pink Floyd albums.

I think it really does highlight the importance of Richard Wright, and shows the increasing dominance of Roger Waters!
pink floyd album credits.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Songwriting Credits by Album : Pink Floyd

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

"Rubbish! I wanted them to write!", Ah but did you want to play on them? :-;
Gslatner
Axe
Axe

Post by Gslatner »

Interesting visual but the part I feel the writing credits are bullshit. I don’t believe Waters wrote all that music in Animals by himself for second. I say that because have you heard his solo work ? The music on all his work is very weak compared to the Pink Floyd stuff. I’m not disputing they are his concepts but he couldn’t even play the bass parts on Pigs I doubt he wrote them and it’s wpart of what makes the song great. Additionally Gilmour wrote all the music for dogs which is 18 minutes and almost half the record so the visual is wrong. I’m using Animals because it is an easy example but other than The Final Cut, also very musically weak, I’d say the credits don’t show the whole truth.
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

Gslatner wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:18 am Interesting visual but the part I feel the writing credits are bullshit. I don’t believe Waters wrote all that music in Animals by himself for second. I say that because have you heard his solo work ? The music on all his work is very weak compared to the Pink Floyd stuff. I’m not disputing they are his concepts but he couldn’t even play the bass parts on Pigs I doubt he wrote them and it’s wpart of what makes the song great. Additionally Gilmour wrote all the music for dogs which is 18 minutes and almost half the record so the visual is wrong. I’m using Animals because it is an easy example but other than The Final Cut, also very musically weak, I’d say the credits don’t show the whole truth.
Yeah, this graphic seems rather misleading. I mean I know Roger wrote a lot of the material on The Final Cut, but are we seriously suggesting he sat Gilmour down and showed him the solo he had in mind for “The Fletcher Memorial Home” and “The Final Cut”? Not to mention Michael Kamen’s influence in the arranging of certain parts of the album.

I’m a big fan of the album, and there’s no denying it was 100% Roger’s dictatorship by then, but still others around him.