RIP Queen Elizabeth II

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

RIP Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Keith Jordan »

A sad day indeed that the Queen has died.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

UK Queen Dies

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well apologies for not saying the full title but Her Majesty The Queen of England to most people has died.
At least think of the anti-establishment music that sprung up through the late 20th Century.
Right the way up to this day in 2022.
History books tell us Monarchs died. What they skimped was how the country responds to these events.
Plus history didn't know about the manipulations of Social Media culture and consequences.
I remember the death of Diana. Duke of Edinburgh's funeral and death barely registered.
No idea what it's going to be like. Somewhere someone's planning a Door To Door collection scam?
Some mixed race couples are getting more aggression. Some bars it could be quiet. Patrons tears in eyes silence.
Elsewhere on a board happening now. Happening before all events presumably cancelled out of respect.
Elsewhere a Comedian attempts to cause offence with a punchline nobody gets to hear. Only hearing of how badly he was beaten.

tl;dr: Sad for their family. UK Monarchy referendum kicked down two generations by Coalition government after they arranged the Brexit referendum as well!
If I could have had a referendum of one of them. I'd vote on getting rid of Monarchy than leaving EU. But don't get worked up if the Twitter numbskull crowd gets whipped up calling for it!
But that's another thread. The Queen has died. As a person surrounded by the machinery of the UK.
Incredible service. Sorry again for loss.