What Are Your Thoughts On The Endless River?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Ashes andDiamonds07
Blade
Blade

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On The Endless River?

Post by Ashes andDiamonds07 »

drafsack wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:57 pm Bottom of the barrel stuff. A lot of people criticised Rog for recycling the Wall cast offs for the final cut and all this album is just a load of cast offs released on the back of the sympathy vote of Rick dying. Add on to that Polly's terrible lyrics and you have the perfect storm if crap.
While of course I respect your opinion (until last year I shared the same one), I must disagree that Polly's lyrics are terrible.
Of course, they are sub-par, and nothing compared to Roger's or Rick's.
But compared to David... :lol:
The only some-what impressive lyrics Dave ever wrote was 'And all the fears never voiced, say you have to make the final choice.'
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

I was first indifferent, but in time came to the conclusion that it took really some b*lls to release that as an Floyd album. The final proof that Floyd was done creatively and musically and had nothing more to say.
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

I know a lot of people personally who really dislike the album, and these people are die hard fans who have the whole catalogue and have spent time and money seeing them live.

But I love it. Maybe I’m easily pleased when it comes to Floyd stuff? But after picking up a bunch of demos from The Big Spliff way before The Endless River was even a thing I guess I was excitedly anticipating hearing the works in a finish/polished form. Louder Than Words is in my opinion a wonderful sign-off, with the lyrics “We bitch and we fight, diss each other on sight, but this thing we do” is just tremendous when you consider their bickering and I find extremely poignant in life in general.

Anisina, Eyes to Pearls, Surfacing and Louder Than Words are certainly my album favourites.