Polly Samson's View of Roger Waters

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Polly Samson's View of Roger Waters

Post by Wolfpack »

Keith Jordan wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:09 pmPolly is having another go at Roger!
Polly who?

Sorry, I'm just too busy listening to 'The Piper at the Gates of Dawn'!
Did "Pink Floyd" create anything worthwhile since then? :-; *

* ('Jugband Blues'!)
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Keith Jordan wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:09 pm Polly is having another go at Roger!
Dave and Polly are definitely pissed at Roger for something, but I am not sure what that is. There must be more behind the scenes.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

it could be down to the sale and they just want it get it done so they do not have to deal with each other thru lawyers and live in peace without having to deal with Roger again that must be part of the issue
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Something like that would make sense.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

This night I've just got back from my reading our writing instead of writing group. I actually used their WiFi and saw the post on the last page.
I didn't say or post anything. Just read that post and picture and took a breath then switched off my phone.
And I sat there thinking "Pink Floyd have never written anything with the words 'Escaltion'. Did their actual music ever escalate?"
Well I'm saying "No they didn't " as from memory (not got headphones and I need all the peace I can get with my neighbours at this present time) Pink Floyd's music comes in and goes out as opposed to escalating like A Day In The Life from that album that made Roger 24/7 go "But you don't get it! It's not a proper concept album!" for years.
But the point being, this is an escalation.
I hope David in a couple of hours retweets a "Dial it back a bit, honey!".
I think if there's anything noncey about the band it would have come out by now. Plus, that sort of disgust and Jimmy Savile secrecy has not run it's course. But what with the War just doesn't have that pull.
If worse Polly can do is "Roger friends with and attends meetings with nonces!" then maybe David retweets
"Oh fucking now you're getting us both sued!"?
Well I've been out in public with hair unwashed since before Christmas so goodnight.
Oh wait, the studio version of A Saucerful Of Secrets. The start of The Narrow Way!
Then suddenly new rules about surely a crescendo would involve all parts of the band playing softly to loudest instead of a single instrument being faded up?
I was trying to think of a way to include the word into A Momentary Lapse Of Reason but couldn't. Ah!
The Endless Escalation!
The Escalation River?
The Division Escalation!!
Goodnight. I really hope this is my last post in the thread and so, so happy and glad I got rid of Twitarse (joined and went through all 2020 until deleted it same year edit as well! Hahahaha!).
Last edited by Jimi Dean Barrett on Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvader
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Alvader »

I would not call Roger "antisemitic". The rest is probably true.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Alvader wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:41 pm I would not call Roger "antisemitic". The rest is probably true.
The only thing I can think of that would label him as such is that he's a fierce anti-Zionist. Given the violence that the Israeli government is committing against Palestinians this in of itself wouldn't be a problem, but from memory his rhetoric condemning Israel has had occasional undertones of him saying shit about Jewish people in general. He also seemed to trot out the old "Jewish people run the media" bullshit one time, so that's no good.
"The Jewish lobby is extraordinary powerful here and particularly in the industry that I work in, the music industry and in rock’n roll as they say. I promise you, naming no names, I’ve spoken to people who are terrified that if they stand shoulder to shoulder with me they are going to get fucked."
So I wouldn't say Polly's accusation of anti-semitism is completely unfounded.
Alvader
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Alvader »

Wolfpack wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:09 pm
Keith Jordan wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:09 pmPolly is having another go at Roger!
Polly who?

Sorry, I'm just too busy listening to 'The Piper at the Gates of Dawn'!
Did "Pink Floyd" create anything worthwhile since then? :-; *

* ('Jugband Blues'!)
Great post !!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you could have asked simultaniously " who is Roger Waters".
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Polly has put up a post highlighting what Roger was saying about her the other night in the O2, London.

https://twitter.com/PollySamson/status/ ... 1027554307
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

even the band members behind him look unimpressed by his comments one even shakes his head
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

*Puts head in hands*

I see that DG has responded.

https://twitter.com/davidgilmour/status ... z2w6EuAAAA
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Well it would seem Roger is not going to sue Polly for defamation...

https://rogerwaters.com/globo-interview-2023/

Are you really going to sue for defamation the writer Polly Samson, David Gilmour’s wife, after she accused him of anti-Semitism and also of dubbing his voice in the shows?

No, I’m not taking legal action.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Keith Jordan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:05 pm Well it would seem Roger is not going to sue Polly for defamation...

https://rogerwaters.com/globo-interview-2023/

Are you really going to sue for defamation the writer Polly Samson, David Gilmour’s wife, after she accused him of anti-Semitism and also of dubbing his voice in the shows?

No, I’m not taking legal action.
Good, because a) that would be a colossal waste of time and b) how much of a leg would he have to stand on?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Also is interesting too see in various comment sections about that is so many Roger fanboy simps are basically making out she is the one at fault and cause of the arguments and feud.

https://www.facebook.com /PinkFloydCollector/posts/pfbid02aK2zRDi4tLgCzm7TJJCxhL7PhHTStXXojnt5XWG4r5sVBEGrwMjPy6zRk1m6Af4wl
"I can't believe how many people support Waters here. She did completely start it and people usually have a hard on for everything Gilmour. I can't stand her, and Gilmour loses more of my respect when he fuels the fire for no reason.
so completely ignoring all the negative stuff he has said about David and her in the past she is the bad one while Saint Roger is portrayed as a victim for the only time she has spoken out against him after post a few months ago, Roger is the victim yet he has the one been pouring more petrol on the feud for years. Yet David and Polly are the ones causing the feud and issues not Roger ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)