We should have known about Roger Waters...

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

We should have known about Roger Waters...

Post by Keith Jordan »

Accorging to ChatGPT (which I am obsessed with)...

The lyrics of “Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk” are critical of the medical profession and the way that doctors sometimes treat their patients as objects rather than as human beings. The title is a reference to a biblical story in which Jesus heals a paralyzed man and tells him to “take up thy bed and walk.”

Lyrics > https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/take ... es-of-dawn
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Re: We should have known about Roger Waters...

Post by Wolfpack »

Keith Jordan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:25 pmAccorging to ChatGPT (which I am obsessed with)...
Doctor, doctor! :o
Keith Jordan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:25 pmThe lyrics of “Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk” are critical of the medical profession and the way that doctors sometimes treat their patients as objects rather than as human beings. The title is a reference to a biblical story in which Jesus heals a paralyzed man and tells him to “take up thy bed and walk.”
Very interesting interpretation!

Still, this must have been gathered from a human source.
I doubt the AI made this conclusion all by itself.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've used a couple of different AI art generators (specifially, DALL-E 2 and Stable Diffusion,) to generate booklet artwork/thumbnails for my Rock Opera. I'm very pleased!

I also used ChatGPT to help me with some lyrics for a couple of the songs AND to help me put together a treatment for a screenplay based on some undifferentiated ideas that have been kicking around my noggin.

I don't know whether to be terrified or turned on. *shrug*
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Keith Jordan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:25 pm Accorging to ChatGPT (which I am obsessed with)...

The lyrics of “Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk” are critical of the medical profession and the way that doctors sometimes treat their patients as objects rather than as human beings. The title is a reference to a biblical story in which Jesus heals a paralyzed man and tells him to “take up thy bed and walk.”

I love that track, it is a unique example of Syd Barrett singing Roger Waters' song. Also, Nick Mason keeps referring to it as "Doctor, doctor" (a working title perhaps?), and cannot remember the actual title on the record in numerous interviews.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Wolfpack wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:37 pm
Keith Jordan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:25 pmThe lyrics of “Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk” are critical of the medical profession and the way that doctors sometimes treat their patients as objects rather than as human beings. The title is a reference to a biblical story in which Jesus heals a paralyzed man and tells him to “take up thy bed and walk.”
Very interesting interpretation!

Still, this must have been gathered from a human source.
I doubt the AI made this conclusion all by itself.
Connecting 'Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk' with Jesus saying "take up thy bed and walk" (John 5:8).
Jesus is mentioned in the lyrics ("Jesus bled").

A patient critical of the medical profession,
diagnosed as object rather than as human being...
("doctor, kindly tell your wife that I'm ALIVE!")

Did the AI made such basic connections all by itself? *

* (just ignoring 'Radio KAOS' having a track titled 'Body Transport') :o
Last edited by Wolfpack on Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It did. Quite remarkable and original. :lol:
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Keith Jordan wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:13 pmIt did. Quite remarkable and original. :lol:
Yes and no... :?
Having English as a second language, I never made the obvious connection between "take up thy stethoscope" and "take up thy bed".

And how can we know for certain, no human input has reviewed the track as obviously being critically talking with a doctor?
AI just doesn't give any sources. And it's up to humans, to interpret if any output is useable. *

* (there's just no 'Body Transport' on 'Radio KAOS'!)
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Keith Jordan wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:25 pm Accorging to ChatGPT (which I am obsessed with)...

Did Chat GPT regurgitate the year 2000 discussion on NPF back at you? I'm not sure of the context here.