Yet Another David Gilmour Book

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Yet Another David Gilmour Book

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

https://www.loudersound.com/news/new-bo ... ivate-life

Hooray! Another book about David Gilmour written by his ex-wife Ginger!
Featuring insights into the band's dynamics at the height of their fame!
Actually... You might be into that sort of stuff. I'm good thanks. I'll just listen to the music instead.
Now Pink Floyd members turning out to be Josef Fritzl? <.8.>
Still wouldn't be interested! I've just got better things to do with my time. Even if it looks like I'm not doing anything. And look! The cover makes a reference to The Wall! Yeah, I'm still good, thanks.
The book about the private life of a private man is released on May the 24th. Through New Haven Publishing.
mosespa

Re: Yet Another David Gilmour Book

Post by mosespa »

I'll probably read it.

Can't imagine why a true fan wouldn't. :-; :-;
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

mosespa wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:11 pm I'll probably read it.

I like the mystery. I respect his privacy. He's made some amazing music. This type of deep dirt dishing just doesn't interest me.
I at least think she was expecting a bigger publisher than what she got!
Same with Roger. Even Syd! Syd locking a fan in a room and feeding her on a tray slipped under the door has soured stuff with me.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Sounds like something Prince Harry would do!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Keith Jordan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:02 pm Sounds like something Prince Harry would do!
And just like Prince Harry if there's anything weird in the book (I'm guessing not!) that will raise questions to Ginger of "And you sat on this for ages because?...".
I don't even know if it's going to be that muck raking. She met him in 1971. So there'll be nothing much about Syd's departure. And if they divorced after AMLOR then it'll end with chapters and chapters of legal bollocks!
If you want to get it. You do that. I'm pretty much done with Rock biographies.
In case you haven't noticed, I've become incredibly cynical of stuff these days. Hope it's age!

EDIT: Added Reason. No idea where the F came from. And thought I'd written "muck raking".
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:40 pm
In case you haven't noticed, I've become incredibly cynical of stuff these days. Hope it's age!
Unless you've had a head injury, it probably is.

I'm certainly getting more cynical as I get older and ever since a head injury about a decade ago, I've been getting less and less apt to try to avoid confrontations. My last couple of encounters that "the old me" would have simply walked away from turned (and very quickly, too) into me trying to goad the other person into throwing a punch so we could both find out how I react to it. I'm getting more and more curious.
Neil
Axe
Axe

Post by Neil »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:20 pm
mosespa wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:11 pm I'll probably read it.

I like the mystery. I respect his privacy. He's made some amazing music. This type of deep dirt dishing just doesn't interest me.
I at least think she was expecting a bigger publisher than what she got!
Same with Roger. Even Syd! Syd locking a fan in a room and feeding her on a tray slipped under the door has soured stuff with me.
I’m not sure why, but the pressing question that came to me when I read this was: I can imagine a tray just about sliding under a door… but what about the food that was on it?? Surely that would just have been knocked off? Or was there a gap of several inches from door to floor?? Or maybe the food was just sliced very thinly…
I see this story unravelling before my eyes…