Roger Rants in a Video

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Roger Rants in a Video

Post by flashback »

It is all just sad the state that Roger has gotten himself into. He doesn't have to beat everyone to death with it. Say your peace and go on.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Rants in a Video

Post by Annoying Twit »

Keith Jordan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:22 am We live in a world where we can't believe anything said in the media because it is always bent to someone's agenda rather than being impartial. As Roger said, people need to do the heavy lifting in reading up on topics, understanding the topics, then forming independent views on the material in question.

Sadly, we live in an environment now where our brains reward us with dopamine for swiping this, scrolling on that and giving hundreds of topics only a few seconds of our day without getting any depth of understanding.
I'll just make a comment here. I'm not saying that Keith is like this, but often when I see people saying that you can't believe mass media, it appears that they then take their information from sources that are far less reliable than the mass media, and often they end up going down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole.

Roger appears to be going down that hole himself. Bit by bit.

'Heavy lifting in reading up on topics' is good providing that the reading is done among reliable sources. E.g. if the media reports on science, then checking the original science to see if it says what the media claims is good. But, many people who disagree with media reports on science (e.g. climate change) will then go to unscientific blogs by unqualified people repeating terrible misinformation, or conspiracy theorists ranting on YouTube instead.

Hence, if Keith says that we should do some 'heavy lifting in reading up on topics', my response is to ask where he is suggesting that we read?

Returning to Rog, some of his claims have been discussed on fact check sites. Reading analyses of his claims on multiple fact check sites is part of what I would consider 'heavy lifting on reading up on topics'.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did ... st-1749051