Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast - live?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast - live?

Post by space triangle »

If possible, I have a one question for the slightly older members here: Has anyone from this forum had a chance to see when PF played APB live in the 1970? As we know Pink Floyd played APB live only the four times. One of those four times was well known show in the Sheffield 1970 -12 -22. After those four shows the band members all agreed the APB didnt worked well live. As Nick Mason said once: 'APB wasnt successful to play live. In some ways the sound effects were the stronger part'.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast - live?

Post by Hadrian »

I do wonder what they were doing with it live. There are essentially three pieces of music in there, but it remains unclear if these parts had a chance to develop on stage, given only a handful of performances.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast - live?

Post by space triangle »

Hadrian wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:40 pm I do wonder what they were doing with it live. There are essentially three pieces of music in there, but it remains unclear if these parts had a chance to develop on stage, given only a handful of performances.
I thought about that too. It was a time when a band experimented a lot and a live versions of many songs were very long. Embryo, Fat Old Sun e.g. were much longer live. Another thing I"m interested in is a look of the stage during APB. I remember a many years ago seeing a pic of Roger Waters in an book playing the bass guitar next to a big ketchup bottle . In addition a huge box of corn flakes was clearly visible on the stage. The whole stage was arranged as a kitchen. I assumed a photo was taken during the APB played live.