How Do You Listen To Music?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
battra
Knife
Knife

How Do You Listen To Music?

Post by battra »

I'm not talking about when you're looking for background noise.

I mean when you sit down to listen and be a part of the music.

How do you do it?

I spin all my music on my vintage stereo. I have an S-7100A Sherwood Receiver, a Pioneer PL-200 Turn table, and a pair of Sansui Speakers...I forgot the product code, but they're huge and from 1968. The turntable is from 75 and the receiver is from 72.

Yes, I have a room dedicated to the vinyl...it also houses the home office and beer fridge...and video games.

(There are about 1200 records in case you're wondering. That's releases not discs.)

What about you?
Eclips
Axe
Axe

Re: How Do You Listen To Music?

Post by Eclips »

I like to link multiple albums via Spotify or Winamp playlists in order to replicate long box sets and have a full day experience.

For example, there's a PF vinyl box with all studio albums from PatGoD to Wall and then The Division bell.
When "translated" to spotify, it becomes a 10h28min long playlist. I like to listen to it from early in the morning through the end of the day, having of course to pause it along the day depending on my chores. I work mostly with programming and autonomously, so being my own boss I spend most of the day silent at work, which helps to listen to lots of music.
Another example is a Genesis box set (10h33min long) with all albums from Trespass through Duke, including the two lives from this era.
Other times i creat custom playlist with my favorite album but, in the end, i prefer "long journey" with my favorite albums, especially those of more atmospheric music.

Other times i simply listen to an entire album but rarely lone songs. Except when exercising by walking or running, then i get some favorite songs to improve my pace (usually some guilty pleasures) or some custom playlists.
Last edited by Eclips on Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: How Do You Listen To Music?

Post by Annoying Twit »

I would like to say that I listen to my CDs. But, most of the time I am lazy and reach for the closet easiest option which is streaming.