The Beatles Now and Then

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: The Beatles Now and Then

Post by theaussiefloydian »

I must admit in this release cycle I've been much more interested in the reissue of the "1962-66" set and all the remixes of their songs originally recorded onto 2 track recorders.
The technology used to separate the stems from just 2 tracks well enough to remix into true stereo mixes is absolutely mind blowing to me. I can finally listen to "Roll Over Beethoven" in stereo on my headphones without going insane!
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: The Beatles Now and Then

Post by Annoying Twit »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:15 am I must admit in this release cycle I've been much more interested in the reissue of the "1962-66" set and all the remixes of their songs originally recorded onto 2 track recorders.
The technology used to separate the stems from just 2 tracks well enough to remix into true stereo mixes is absolutely mind blowing to me. I can finally listen to "Roll Over Beethoven" in stereo on my headphones without going insane!
This technology is only going to get better. I predict that in the future we'll have versions of songs like 'I'll always be in love with you' sounding like a full Beatles production. It's just a bit sad that there aren't songs of better quality waiting for this treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeuQmaVQdYo

I'd like to hear an improvement to the Star Club recordings reaching full modern live concert recording quality. I'd buy that at a premium.