Bonus/unheard Pink Floyd Music & exclusive content - What do You Want Most?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
jazmo
Embryo
Embryo

Bonus/unheard Pink Floyd Music & exclusive content - What do You Want Most?

Post by jazmo »

As Pink Floyd fans, what content (music, photos, BTS footage, live audio & video, etc) would you most want packaged with an anniversary re-issue in a DIGITAL release? I love vinyl re-issues, but feel like there's huge potential with a band like Pink Floyd to build out the world of their albums digitally, and to take us deeper into the albums - with access to demos, alt versions, the process, etc.
I'd be curious to have everything in one package digitally, and if the content was worth it, happy to pay. I don't get any value from the Spotify experience, but this kind of band knows how to utilize new album formats to the most full extent. They always pushed the envelope.
Keen to hear what content you'd value the most (there's probably a ton I haven't thought of).
If you want to take 2 minutes, I even made a survey to tally feedback:
https://links.stickybeak.co/gBk8wiMwEvTEBGGJ6
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bonus/unheard Pink Floyd Music & exclusive content - What do You Want Most?

Post by Keith Jordan »

I would personally like to see....

Photos and videos behind the scenes of the writing, recording and mixing process including material left out of the final album

Live recordings of shows particularly where the production of the songs was different to the studio version

CDRom or supporting website with tour book, Memorabilia details, lots of candid behind the scenes photos

Online tool to actually remix the album yourself - the Pink Floyd Exhibition at the V&A let you mix drums, bass, keyboards, vocals on a little mixer, online version would be great to isolate parts of the songs

Cleaned up bootlegger material :-)

With the 30th anniversary of The Division Bell coming up in March, this is a very interesting topic indeed. 8)
Guilherme Martini
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Guilherme Martini »

Early Morning Henry" :D
The Wall Shows 1980/1981 DVD <ii>
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

Reaction In G (Complete Studio Version)
Arnold Layne (Stereo Remix)
No Title (September 4th 1967 Instrumental)
Vegetable Man (Alternate Instrumental Version)
Seabirds
Nothing (All unreleased parts)
Peace Be With You
The complete version of The Big Spliff
Eclips
Axe
Axe

Post by Eclips »

I would love if those "official bootlegs" they release at the end of the year since 2022 would remain available in the streaming services.
I mainly care only for audio footage and streaming media nowadays.

Some bands release tons of live archives in the streaming services, for example King Crimson and, to a much bigger extent, Grateful Dead.

If Pink Floyd and Genesis had a lot of streaming audio footage from all those tours, it would be amazing IMO.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

I honestly still find it hard to believe that The Later Years box came out in 2019 and that 6 new original tracks for La Carrera Panamericana from 1992 had not been included. Not essential, but still, unbelievable.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Eclips wrote: ↑Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:53 pm I would love if those "official bootlegs" they release at the end of the year since 2022 would remain available in the streaming services.
I mainly care only for audio footage and streaming media nowadays.

Some bands release tons of live archives in the streaming services, for example King Crimson and, to a much bigger extent, Grateful Dead.

If Pink Floyd and Genesis had a lot of streaming audio footage from all those tours, it would be amazing IMO.
I purchased all Pink Floyd copyright dumps so far (2021, 2022 and 2023 live albums) via iTunes, so they are all still in my iTunes account as purchased downloads, and by extension in my Apple Music as downloads as well (everything works without problems). They cannot be burned to CDs, unfortunately, I tried. I am not sure what would've happened with items that are not available anymore if I deleted my original downloads and tried to redownload them from the store (not eager to experiment at all there, of course).

Keith I could not help but notice that 2023 live albums did not even make the news section on the Neptune website. That sure must be worthy of capturing for posterity in some detail?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hadrian wrote: ↑Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:35 pm Keith I could not help but notice that 2023 live albums did not even make the news section on the Neptune website. That sure must be worthy of capturing for posterity in some detail?
I considered it. But its just a copyright trick publish them and remove them to extend copyright claim.

I think all the bootlegs from the 1994 tour should be released as part of the Division Bell 30th anniversary digital extravaganza in March 2024 though.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I would like to see The Wall completely restored; as it would have been released had the time constraints of the vinyl format not been an issue.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

During the transistion from Home to The Tide is Turning in the officially released videos by Roger Waters there are about 15 seconds of pro-shot live footage from the KAOS tour. I want everything that camera recorded during that evening.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

mosespa wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:01 am I would like to see The Wall completely restored; as it would have been released had the time constraints of the vinyl format not been an issue.
Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81 (clocking at 105:21, versus studio version at 80:42) would be presumably what they would've recorded without the vinyl limitations of the era. My eternal complaint, and the ultimate Pink Floyd casualty of the physical format, is not having a full studio version of Shine On 1-9 (26:00) as a single uninterrupted track. That simply could not fit on an LP side.
Guilherme Martini
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Guilherme Martini »

Peace Be With You - 2025 ( Pink Floyd 60 years )
Early Henry Morning - 2027
The Wall DVD 1980/81 Show - 2029 ( The Wall 50 years)
Pink Floyd Golden Years Box Set - 2032
Pink Floyd Oficial Movie - 2035 - ( Pink Floyd 70 years)
πŸ‘πŸ˜
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Hadrian wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 pm
mosespa wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:01 am I would like to see The Wall completely restored; as it would have been released had the time constraints of the vinyl format not been an issue.
Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81 (clocking at 105:21, versus studio version at 80:42) would be presumably what they would've recorded without the vinyl limitations of the era.
Yes...bought it almost a quarter of a century ago when it was first released. But...as I'm sure you know, it's live...and I want to hear the original studio version without the constraints of vinyl.
cigar73
Embryo
Embryo

Post by cigar73 »

A soundboard recording of an "In the Flesh" performance as an official release on CD and LP.

One must surely exist, perhaps residing in Roger's vault?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

mosespa wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:03 pm
Hadrian wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 pm

Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81 (clocking at 105:21, versus studio version at 80:42) would be presumably what they would've recorded without the vinyl limitations of the era.
Yes...bought it almost a quarter of a century ago when it was first released. But...as I'm sure you know, it's live...and I want to hear the original studio version without the constraints of vinyl.
Yeah i am surprised they have not released that version of the album. It does exist but its one of those things i expect which will only ever see the light of day after Roger has passed on. Along with the The Wall 80-81 footage