21%

Total votes: 19

decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

mosespa wrote:
decampos wrote:For the big pumpkins fans:

Do you honestly like billy corgan's atrocious singing voice?
Yes...on album, not so much live.

To me, Corgan's voice is no more atrocious than Roger's.
Fair enough
Asterisk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Asterisk »

i thinks it only right that i say for anyone that is unsure about the band, talk to anyone that had the pleasure of seeing their shows..its clear what the band is about when your standing 20 feet away from them while hearing their collective minds explode on stage. the feeling is they want to blow you backwards with scull pounding amounts of sound.
you have to love it!
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Ugh, I've just found an old ticket from the Smashing Pumpkins concert in 1997 (after "Mellon Collie..."). Bad memories came back :?
Nothing strange I tried to forget: it was the worst concert I've ever been to, really. They really didn't play a single note that wasn't false, and Billy Corgan's yelling out of tune was hard to survive. I like some of their albums, as stated above, melodies are great and lyrics quite interesting, and I doesn't have anything against Billy's voice, but live they were hopeless. No offence. It was a complete disaster. :-&
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Asterisk wrote:i thinks it only right that i say for anyone that is unsure about the band, talk to anyone that had the pleasure of seeing their shows..its clear what the band is about when your standing 20 feet away from them while hearing their collective minds explode on stage. the feeling is they want to blow you backwards with scull pounding amounts of sound.
you have to love it!
Funnily enough, a friend of mine is a big fan (no really) and he conceded that they sucked bigtime live. He said the concert was far far too loud and billy's voice was even more inexcusibly awful.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

One of my friends seen them live years ago and said it was one of the best gigs he had been to. Then again everyone is entitled to their opinion.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I had a friend who saw them open for Jane's Addiction (?) and bought their first album, and said here listen to this. I was an instant fan. But my most intense and volatile relationships occured over the span of their carreer, so I came to despise Corgan's whiney voice (passionate though)and lyric content (I haven't heard Zwan or the last collection of live stuff, but basically everything else)...but still like the odd song when I hear it. I always thought the music was good, and still do... :oops: