Flaming lips UK shows

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flaming lips UK shows

Post by drafsack »

For anyone going to see the Lips UK tour - and if you are not you need your head sorting out because they are megga, here is the set list they have played so far:

Race For The Prize
Seven Nation Army
Fight Test
The Gash
Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt.1
Lightning Strikes The Postman
In The Morning Of The Magicians
The Spark That Bled
The Golden Path
She Don't Use Jelly
Do You Realize??

Encore:

Waitin' For A Superman
Breathe
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Can't wait, just can't wait :D

They're doing a free gig in Edinburgh city centre, anyone can come along and watch them, only problem is I got no idea how to get bloody tickets to it :x
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Where's the gig?
In the gardens ?
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Some stupid competition is in the Daily Record to win tickets. There's a few bands playing,The Darkness are one of them. I think it ties in with the MTV awards in Edinburgh on the same night.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Hmm, well the gardens is where a free gig takes place but i can't be bothered listening to the radio or anything for tickets. I'm going to somehow see them there though. Most likely they'll have a big screen up to or something

The gig i'm going to is at the Usher Hall, though with them being in razor land the night before i fear they may not be able to make it
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I'll be seeing them at the Brighton Center on Sunday, cant wait, Im a little disapointed to see from that tracklist that One More Robot seems to have been dropped from the set (that rocked at Glasto this year! and the ending is one of the most moving pieces of music ever made) but all those other songs are great anyway!
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Be sure to check out their opening act, Steve Burns. ;)

Sorry folks, HAD to.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

David Smith wrote:Can't wait, just can't wait :D

They're doing a free gig in Edinburgh city centre, anyone can come along and watch them, only problem is I got no idea how to get bloody tickets to it :x
I hear The Chemical Brothers are playing also.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Yeah, though i got no clue how to get tickets :cry:
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

David Smith wrote:Yeah, though i got no clue how to get tickets :cry:
Climb in from the railway tracks
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Jack Dempsey wrote:
David Smith wrote:Yeah, though i got no clue how to get tickets :cry:
Climb in from the railway tracks
Dunno about that, probably end up hiding out in a bush an hour in advance and getting in round the back :lol:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Just got back from the Brighton show, another great performance by the lips! Sadly no cover of Breathe this time round but the rest of the set was the same as the one listed at the beginning of this thread. They played what was probably the longest version of She Dont Use Jelly ever! There was some problems with Waynes balloon inflator (feel free to do your own gags here:)) so the band just kept going whilst Wayne was trying to sort it out, the first balloon wouldnt inflate and then the second one escaped so they also extended Do You Realise to allow Wayne to do his exploding balloon bit. It might be due to these improptu extended versions that Breathe was dropped. I spotted an old friend that I hadnt seen in years on stage as one of the animals, that was a bit freaky. I have to just quickly say that I thought the support bands were pretty lame, the first one (cant remember the guys name) were just completely unmemorable, I cant remember a single song but their video intro was pretty cool, the second support, Alfie, are another of those Coral type bands with a front man that tries to be a bit Liam Gallagher, he may have actually been even more annoying! Anyway, thats my little review, dont want to say too much about the show as I know there are people here that havent seen it yet.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

simpledumbpilot wrote: I have to just quickly say that I thought the support bands were pretty lame, the first one (cant remember the guys name) were just completely unmemorable, I cant remember a single song but their video intro was pretty cool,
Was it Steve Burns? :cry:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Thats the fella, Im sorry to say that I just couldnt find anything in the music to catch my attention, there just didnt seem to be any texture to it. I borrowed Songs For Dustmites off a friend yesterday to give him another go but I guess its just not for me.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

David Smith wrote:
They're doing a free gig in Edinburgh city centre, anyone can come along and watch them, only problem is I got no idea how to get bloody tickets to it
I saw this post on the Flips own site about the free Edinburgh show

It's a free concert in princes street gardens on the 6th of nov. You can only get tickets by entering competitions or if you are involved in the running of a youth group - I'm just going to go early and see if there's any way in and if not, I'll just listen from the street above.
They're only going to be playng the golden path with the chemical bros, but other bands like janes addiction are going to be playing too.