Drums
10%
Bass
17%
Guitar
52%
Keyboards
10%
Saxophone (or anything else that can be blown)
No votes
Vocals
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 29

ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

rosm wrote:I don't know much (about) reggae but this is better than UB40 (I know that they don't play real reggae..).
If you're talking about our (= human rites) music... THANKS, that's nice to hear :D
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

ganaffe wrote:If you're talking about our (= human rites) music... THANKS, that's nice to hear :D
That was what I meant. And you're welcome
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

I play bass and my influences are;

1. Geddy Lee
2. Jaco Pastorius
3. Roger Waters (Most underrated bassplayer ever)
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

MikeWaters wrote: 3. Roger Waters (Most underrated bassplayer ever)
:lol: Are you serious?
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

I'm absolutely serious...everyone says he sucks becasue he can't do anything fancy... that isn't what its about at all his bass riffs are excellent for instance Dogs, Young lust, Shine on you crazy diamond and many more... A HUGELY underrated bass player.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

MikeWaters wrote:I'm absolutely serious...everyone says he sucks becasue he can't do anything fancy...
Who says so? IMO a bassplayer doesn't need to do fancy stuff... most bassplayers who try to do so just mess up the sound of the band (and YES there are exceptions...). The bass is there to push the band forward, and Roger does that very efficiently. So you will not hear me saying he sucks.

Most bassplayers who tried to do a lot of fancy stuff ended up making soloalbums, and 99% of those albums are a load of crap, imo (and YES, there are exceptions...)
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

MikeWaters wrote:I'm absolutely serious...everyone says he sucks becasue he can't do anything fancy... that isn't what its about at all his bass riffs are excellent for instance Dogs, Young lust, Shine on you crazy diamond and many more... A HUGELY underrated bass player.
Hes a fine bass player, its true. but thats just it, he just played the bass. He didn't do anything spectacular, push any boundaries. When a musician is underrated, it usually means that his contribution to music or an instrument is not recognized as it should be. It doesn't mean they played fancy, just different. Roger, IMO, didn't contribute anything except a nicely played bass, that is all.

BTW David played most of the more complicated bass stuff for Roger. He is not an accmplished bass player.