DVD Review

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

DVD Review

Post by FloydNZ »

I have just finished watching the DVD.....heres my list of highlights

Sonet 18 (bonus track) - Truly the most beautiful song I have ever heard David Gilmour sing and awesome video
Breakthrough - Rick Rocks!!!!!
Home Video - Great to see David "behind the scenes"

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, I really liked Robert Wyatts performance and Sir Bob made me laugh with his funny dancing.

The only real downpoint is that the 3 bonus tracks are only on stereo and not 5.1.....but that's only a minor thing.

Top Effort David!!!!!!

BTW.....the DVD was released here in NZ (region 4) on Monday 21st although I only found that out today

Post by Guest »

Of all Shakespeare's sonnets this one must be, by far!, the most awful. Why didn't he pick ANY other one...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Anonymous wrote:Of all Shakespeare's sonnets this one must be, by far!, the most awful. Why didn't he pick ANY other one...
I think it is rather beautiful. Perhaps you will share with us your favourite? :)
IXL
Embryo
Embryo

Is it me?

Post by IXL »

The only thing I couldnt understand is the home video.

Its Mute. Why ? Dont think its my audio. My 5.1 works fine on all the other audio.

Is this the same with you crazy diamonds?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The home video on mine has audio! Perhaps just try playing it on a normal TV to make sure your sound system is not malfunctioning. Malfunction, what a word! :lol:
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Yeah the home video works fine with me too,very good it is too,all filmed by the lovely Polly Sampson(Gilmour),the Shakspere sonnet is just beutiful,and it goes to prove what i have always thought,that David Gilmour is the best rock singer out there.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

qjamesfloyd wrote:Yeah the home video works fine with me too,very good it is too,all filmed by the lovely Polly Sampson(Gilmour),the Shakspere sonnet is just beutiful,and it goes to prove what i have always thought,that David Gilmour is the best rock singer out there.
Sonnet 18 is a beautiful song musically and lyrically it is one of my favourite poems. Shakespear did well there as did Michael Kamen writing the music for Gilmour to perform! A beautiful composition indeed. :)