Let It Be... Naked

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

It was on Anthology. I think it's the same version as on the Let It Be video (let's hope for a DVD release of that sometime).
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

I have Anthology...but I listen to it so rarely, now....
plus, I like the cover design of this new album. Yep. And now I want it.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Some of those songs on LIBN are on Past Masters II -compilation.
Im so used to this original Let It Be -version so I thought that I was listening for some other recording than Let It Be. Let It Be Naked is not bad at all, I bought it 14th though releasing date was 17th. I don't know why, maybe those records are printed in Finland (so not) there is also an extra -record but I haven't listened it yet.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Its strange to hear it w/o the orchestra. But then again I havent heard it yet, only in my head. I'd like to get it soon.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I always kinda liked the Beatles, but never really liked Let It Be that much - certain songs, so this album appeals to me; especially because Don't Let Me Down is on it.

Shortly after the Anthology releases, I sold all my albums and moved on in the world like Buddha...I will buy this album - it will be my only Beatles album in years.

The question is, does Michael Jackson own all the rights to the songs, or some or what? You know Michael is not like other guys, he's dangerous, bad, quite the thriller and loves to beat it! He also likes to sell songs for commercial use.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

nosaj wrote:The question is, does Michael Jackson own all the rights to the songs, or some or what? You know Michael is not like other guys, he's dangerous, bad, quite the thriller and loves to beat it! He also likes to sell songs for commercial use.
:lol: And he likes little kiddies...

I think he owns the complete beatles catalogue.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

ganaffe wrote: :lol: And he likes little kiddies...
[-X
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Just bought that new Beatles record. I'm a little disappointed the sleeve notes didn't diss Phill Spector all that much.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

decampos wrote:I'm a little disappointed the sleeve notes didn't diss Phill Spector all that much.
To bad about the liner notes... :lol:

But serious, what do you think of the music? I haven't bought it yet and I am wondering if I should... so, what do you think? Is it better or worse than the original?

Btw, decampos, some time ago you posted about a big video server you were working on. How's that project coming along? I think everybody on this forum would "love you till death do us part" if you can pull that mother off...
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

I'm about halfway through the record, so far, yeah, I prefer it to the original. I'm totally from the school of 'less is more'. The songs are a lot less dated sounding. Although I prefer some of the versions from the Anthology 3.

I've reached a technical hitch on the website front. The webspace, bandwith and the site itself isn't a problem - it's the files. Some of them are really huge and I want to break them down into separate tracks so people don't have to download all 600mb or so of say, the KQED show, They can just download 'green is the colour' for example.
Quicktime pro just isn't ideal for cutting up huge mpegs. If someone can recommend an application that can do what I want it to do quickly without loosing picture quality or increasing the filesize, I'd be most grateful. (bear in mind I use cackintosh computers)

thanks for the interest by the way.