Any guitar players here?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

decampos wrote:At the moment I have a Mosrite 'the ventures'. anyone heard of those?
Yes...American version of Hank Marvins Shadows.Are they still recording?At one time they were HUGE in Japan.I've got a few of their cd's and still like the ones produced for the Japanese market.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years or something. But I never really got that many lessons until now. I couldn't do a clean F until a few days ago :shock: Anyway, I have an electric Stagg and an acoustic Eagle. And I'm an Ace Frehley-worshipper!
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

stephen wrote:
decampos wrote:At the moment I have a Mosrite 'the ventures'. anyone heard of those?
Yes...American version of Hank Marvins Shadows.Are they still recording?At one time they were HUGE in Japan.I've got a few of their cd's and still like the ones produced for the Japanese market.
They really are the coolest looking guitars (in my opinion) here's the same model and colour as mine (although mine's a reissue)

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/mosrite/the-vent ... out03.html
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

olzen wrote:But I never really got that many lessons until now. I couldn't do a clean F until a few days ago :shock:
That's better then me, I never had any lessons and I can't even read notes :?
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Neither can I. But neither could The Beatles.
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

So, if one could read music would it make learning/playing the guitar much easier?
I'm wondering b/c I'v got a few thousand $'s that I just happened to "win" and have been seriously considering buying a guitar. I've got one picked out, but at the moment it is not offeres in the color I want! :evil:
Brian
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I've had several guitars over the years...my favorite electric was my les paul, my favorite accustic was my guild. I had some others. Right now I have a Telecaster, 'cause it was a deal and I never owned a fender before. My amp is a chessy little peavy, but boy can I make some noise with it...don't play so much in recent years.

What always impressed people was when I played Eugene's trick bag from crossroads (written by Steve Vai), though I can't play the last note, which he did by using a pick up as a fret...actually, I can't play it at all now. Used to know tonnes of PF tunes, like SOYCD (1-5) note for note. Can still play WYWH, and most people really like it. Who can't play interstellar overdrive?

I love jamming new stuff, see where it goes...I'd like to get some recording equip again...
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Im just the bass player!!!!

Peavy 500W TNT amp.
Fender Jazz bass
Can play any pink floyd song and any Rush song on bass
Learning some Jaco Pastorius now
Oh and i just recently won an award for being the best bass player in the moncton area!

Oh wait....this is for guitars isnt it?
BobFloyd
Axe
Axe

jaco

Post by BobFloyd »

Jaco Pastorius is incredible. Especally in that song where he just is using harmonics. Great Stuff. I wish I could play bass that well. I just play regular guitar and drums.
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

nosaj wrote: What always impressed people was when I played Eugene's trick bag from crossroads (written by Steve Vai), though I can't play the last note, which he did by using a pick up as a fret...actually, I can't play it at all now.
Wow, that song is really hard to play. I have pretty much given up on it. I can learn parts here and there, but I have never been able to memorize the entire thing. You are right though, people go crazy when I play the parts that I can remember.

Nice.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Jaco Pastorius is incredible. Especally in that song where he just is using harmonics.
That song is called Portrait of Tracy...which i can play!
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

HI HO

Post by Devil man 665 »

I'm a bit of an early player and i can play,

wish you were here
brain damage

and some other random songs i feel like learning i know some metalica but i've forgotten most cuz i havnt played in about 3 months since my guitar broke.

right now I'm getting an encore semi acoustic for christmass yeah!

I'm gonna learn lucifer sam and hopefully astronomy domine when i get it.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Actually, I've been inspired by David Gilmour, and think I'd like to learn a Syd Barrett tune or two. I mean I don't really volunteer to sing, but I want to learn one I can sing and play...Not something I usually do...the singing part...at the same time.