Line 6 - PODxt

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Line 6 - PODxt

Post by Keith Jordan »

http://www.line6.com/PODxt/index.htm

What do we think of this little baby then? two of my friends have the regular pod but is it worth paying the extra for the new xt version?

I want one and a strat to go with it!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Go to a store and try it! Sounds cool.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

nosaj wrote:Go to a store and try it! Sounds cool.
"sound" advice! :lol: :oops:
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

I havent played the newer version, but my experience with the older one is that it is too limited. You can get a few good sounds out of it, but it is very limited. Of course, most multi-effect procesors don't really give that great of a sound, IMO. I have a digitech rp12 which sounds pretty awful on the presets....but, if you tweak it a little bit, you cant get some decent tones. The PODs are not very manipulative, you are kinda stuck with what they give you to a great degree.

Overall, I would find a processor that gives you the most ability and versatility....versatility being the main key.

Good luck, I know it can be hard.

Peter Pan peanut butter.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

One my friends has that exact pedal thingy! Its awful! the sounds are all fuzy and a lot of the nobs broke by just him turning them!

But who knows, he could have gotten one that was shipped horribly or something like that. Id suggest you try it first anyways.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

I wouldn't go for a multi-fx processor like this one... They are nice to play around with, but in the end will turn out to be awkward, and are a constraint when playing live.

Seperate pedals offer more flexibility because it's far easier to adjust the seperate effects, put one on or off at the moment you like while playing etc.... they will cost you more money, but I think in the end you will be happier with them.

They also give you more opportunities (and are more flexible) in creating your own sound. When you only have, for instance, a cry baby wha and a tube screamer, you can connect them in two different chains: guitar > wha > tube screamer > amp or guitar > tube screamer > wha > amp... Both chains give you a very different sound. This kind of experimentation is far easier with seperate pedals than with an all-in-one processor.

Besides that seperate pedals are usually more solid, and don't come with a lot of options, effects and gadgets you will never use (which is the case with most all-in-one processors)

I'd say, choose two or three effects you really need, and buy those. Experiment with them till you drop... When you know them by heart and you really want more you can always buy more.
It will cost you a little more, but I think it will be more satisfactory. At least that's my experience...