Hello from the future!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Time.Traveller
Axe
Axe

Hello from the future!

Post by Time.Traveller »

Hello everybody who belongs to this community.
My name is William Earlman, and I have joined this community and will be with you all for the next month or so; a short period indeed.
Basically, I am here to study, evaluate and put pieces together for a study which I am doing of the past...your present, but my past.

If you are intrigued by what I mean, I will explain.
I was born in Tampa, Florida in 1998 and my current life resigns in the year 2036 in Leeds, England.
This may sound strange, bizarre, even out of this world, but I am a test patient time traveller for the first working, and running time machine that was built in 2034 by GE.

To make things clear, I have been one of the 7 patients who has voluntarily allowed scientists to send me back in time with this time machine. I know it is hard to beleive, because I sit and wonder on a daily basis about these astonishing feats our human race has created.

"Why are you here in this community?" is probably running through your mind right at this moment.
As I said, I was born in 1998, and my father was an avid Pink Floyd fan and I grew up listening to the music of Pink Floyd around the house. I never became a serious fan, but I appreciated thier work and art whenever I heard it around the house, or on the radio. The reason why I am on this community, is to just absorb and endulge in the interactions between Pink Floyd fans, as you are closer to the actual Pink Floyd era of the 70's then I will ever be.
In 2036 Pink Floyd is not a group whose music is listened to for pleasure, it is listened to as art. It is like an exhibit, like an art gallery. People listen to it as art, but not for pleasure.

So I am here to learn more about Pink Floyd, and try to understand why my father loved them so much.

On to my actual life in 2036.
I remember 2036 very clearly. It is difficult to describe 2036 in detail without spending a great amount of time explaining why things are so different.

A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people. The people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered on the family and then the community.
This happened because of a Civil War in the United States and Russia at the same time in 2005. Eventually Russia started an Nuclear attack on major US cities. The US retaliated, and the looping cycle of war began. This lasted for 10 years and it went on and off every few months. Eventually, several countries and nations of the world tried to stop the US and Russia, but failed and led the world into a major World War.

In 2036 there is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally. People spend much more time reading and talking together face to face. Religion is taken seriously and everyone can multiply and divide large numbers in the heads with ease. Hats are also an important accessory, just as shoes are when you leave the house.

I hope I have made sense to you all. And I hope we may get along. Like I said I will be here for the next month or so before I must make my journey back home On Jan 1 2004.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.
I will be leaving messages around this community, and I will share my experiences growing up (1998-2019. I moved out of my parents home in 2019) listening to the music of Pink Floyd.

Thank you all.
Last edited by Time.Traveller on Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Yeah, right

Welcome anyway.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Welcome to our primitive civilization! Tell me, will Ace Frehley ever re-join KISS? That would really make my da... future.
Time.Traveller
Axe
Axe

Post by Time.Traveller »

olzen wrote:Welcome to our primitive civilization! Tell me, will Ace Frehley ever re-join KISS? That would really make my da... future.
I'd love to be able to help you out, but you must understand that because I am from the future does not mean that I know everything about the past.
I know very very little about KISS. I have heard about them, just as I have heard about The Beatles, but I am not a fan and I have not followed their history.
I could tell you certain things about the future, such as major world historic events, economic and technological events, etc, but not exact dates or specifics such as the question you have asked me.

Tell me, on Monday June 10, 1953 did it rain in New York City? You are from their future therefore you must know the answer to that question?
Understand now? You could tell them about the year 2003 and how life is different from 1953, and you could tell them major historic events and happenings since 1953 but not exact dates or questions which you may have never been interested in along the way to the future.
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Uh...you could just log-on from the future, like you did to join this forum and find out if he ever rejoined Kiss or not...no that I'm interested.
You see what's the problem with time-travellers? They can never get their acts straight!
Time.Traveller
Axe
Axe

Post by Time.Traveller »

Tinkerbell wrote:Uh...you could just log-on from the future, like you did to join this forum and find out if he ever rejoined Kiss or not...no that I'm interested.
You see what's the problem with time-travellers? They can never get their acts straight!
1. I was never interested in KISS in my actual year of 2036. I was not interested in finding out about Pink Floyd in 2036 and what people think of them in that year, I want to know what people NOW think of them.

2. The internet still exists and functions in the future but it is more complex and enhanced from what we are using right now. There are no forums such as these anymore.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

You mean people are sent through the air and discuss in a virtual reality chat rooms or just nobody cares?
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Oh, right. How could I be so dim... :roll:
Corporal_Clegg
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Corporal_Clegg »

You know whats fucked up, yesterday some one sent me a web page about a guy who showed up in forums claiming to have travelled from 2036 and his opening post on everyone of them was the same as this guys. his name was even the same.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Sounds quite interesting. A book possibility? No i dont think so...
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

MikeWaters wrote:Sounds quite interesting. A book possibility? No i dont think so...
that reminds me of Donni Darko!! have you ever seen that movie....?? there's that old lady who wrote a book on time travel and it describes in detail how it works adn what processs you gotta go through.....

maybe that's what time traveller man is trying to get at...............
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Time.Traveller wrote:[2. The internet still exists and functions in the future but it is more complex and enhanced from what we are using right now. There are no forums such as these anymore.
But if there is still internet, you can search for data from your past and our future, even when you're not interested in it, right. So if you can tell me something what happens tomorrow, I can check if you're right.
But oh, I forgot, you don't have time to let us check if your story is real :roll:
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

WOW!

Post by Devil man 665 »

I am actualy kinda hoping this is true cuz I've been having scary dreams about the end of the world in 2005 but there was snow instead of nuclear bombs, and something about 2043 or 2045.

Anyway IF and i mean IF time travel was possible then you have just messed up time because when u go back u are creating a split because time would now be different because you are changing small things (see the chaos theory) and would result in big changes meaning it would be impossible to return to YOUR time and you would then go to OUR future instead of your present.

Unless... this is a constant loop where u are constantly going back in time and you've allready done this in your present meaning that the chaos theory is correct and all inteligent and the illusion of choice is all realy a predetermined cycle of events (predetermined doesmt mean someone made it that way)

Think of the universe as one big chain reaction (an equation) cause --> effect and this spans out creating everyday life. If time travel were possible you are destroying the very fabric of this by cutting back on the formula thus resulting all life as we no it to instantaniouly stop. As this is not the case you did not travel back in time.

gee do i sound inteligent there? i sure hope so well this is my theory on how this is fake.

anyway shouldnt you be trying to stop this war?
Time.Traveller
Axe
Axe

Re: WOW!

Post by Time.Traveller »

Devil_man_665 wrote:I am actualy kinda hoping this is true cuz I've been having scary dreams about the end of the world in 2005 but there was snow instead of nuclear bombs, and something about 2043 or 2045.

Anyway IF and i mean IF time travel was possible then you have just messed up time because when u go back u are creating a split because time would now be different because you are changing small things (see the chaos theory) and would result in big changes meaning it would be impossible to return to YOUR time and you would then go to OUR future instead of your present.
That is one of the reasons why I only revealed major historic events that you, or the average citizen has no power over. What I have already told you cannot be changed becasue you do not have the power to change it.
I do not tell anyone any informatin that they can use to benefit themselves such as winning lottery numbers, etc.
What you say is true but it goes far beyond just the Chaso Theory, and I am not going to go into deep and long detail about it right now.
Devil_man_665 wrote: Unless... this is a constant loop where u are constantly going back in time and you've allready done this in your present meaning that the chaos theory is correct and all inteligent and the illusion of choice is all realy a predetermined cycle of events (predetermined doesmt mean someone made it that way)

Think of the universe as one big chain reaction (an equation) cause --> effect and this spans out creating everyday life. If time travel were possible you are destroying the very fabric of this by cutting back on the formula thus resulting all life as we no it to instantaniouly stop. As this is not the case you did not travel back in time.

gee do i sound inteligent there? i sure hope so well this is my theory on how this is fake.

anyway shouldnt you be trying to stop this war?
No I do not go back in time constantly looping and collecting information so I can change and destroy the future. That is not my goal, motivation or purpose. I have to be careful and keen on what I do, because it could have a negative effect on my real present, your future.

For now I will end this message. My food is ready. I must say that the food you eat in this time is a lot stranger then what we eat. We do not have large industrial factories creating food anymore. We grow our own food and livestock and it is sold locally.
Even McDonald's owns their own Livestock Farm where they get their beef from.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

that reminds me of Donni Darko!! have you ever seen that movie....?? there's that old lady who wrote a book on time travel and it describes in detail how it works adn what processs you gotta go through.....

maybe that's what time traveller man is trying to get at...............

lol no I haven't seen that movie! But I will now look into it!