Mellow Drum & Bass Psychedelica

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Mellow Drum & Bass Psychedelica

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

...hey hey....i've noticed something strange...there's not a lot of bands that have tunes like careful with that axe, eugene......i was in such a mood to hear a tune with really mellow bass and drums and soft and slow guitar riffs in the background and besides careful with that axe, the intro to zeppelin's 'how many more times' and a couple kula shaker tunes i can't find any tunes like that.........like im talking about really kewl but soft bass line and some funky little drum beat in teh back and really trippy adn mellow guitar riffs.......it's rare to find those tunes esepcailly without any vocals on top of the music..........

the door's have got some kewl mellow tunes with bass and drums but their bass sound is kinda flat...

if you wanna know what im talking about download:
Kula Shaker - Grateful When You're Dead and go to 2:55 in the tune...

Stone Roses - Love Spreads and go to 4:00mins

the stone roses tune is a bit fast but it's got some great drum/cymbal patterns and bass on top...

im surprised floyd didn't d a lot more tunes like this....full tunes like this, not just interludes and that sort of thngs.....

i just want to know if anyone can recommend me some tunes in the same style...........
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

I'm trying to download the songs you've mentioned but I'm not that far yet. I know the song by Kula Shaker but I'm not sure what part you mean.
Perhaps you could try Sigur Ros. They're a very quiet band with slow drum and bass paterns and weird guitary bits and bowed eruptions. (don't know much Led Zeppelin, who you also mentioned, but I do recall Jimmy Page using a violin bow, just like the guitar player of Sigur Ros)
Perhaps I'll come back on this subject after hearing the Kula and Roses songs.