Anyone NOT do drugs ?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Anyone NOT do drugs ?

Post by quicksilver »

I don't do drugs, never have, never will. I grew up in the 70's when it was nearly impossible to stay away from it but somehow I managed. I had plenty of friends who did though and payed the ultimate price. In my opinion life is basically a series of decisions that you make; some are good and some are bad, thats the way it works. You do what you think is good for you at the time and of course you have the ability to reflect upon those decisions and decide whether or not they were good ones or not.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I smoke grass from time to time. I do not drink anymore (Puking as a result of drinking once was one too many times for me), and I have never smoked a cigarette in my life.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

I've never touched drugs, and have no intention of touching drugs. I've heard of too many people who've either got messed up or died through drug use. I don't smoke either, having been put off by it by having so many people aroung me who smoked while growing up.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

One thing I cannot stand are people who drink and drive, or get stoned and then drive.

Obviously one should not be driving when they are under the influence of such drugs.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:One thing I cannot stand are people who drink and drive, or get stoned and then drive.

Obviously one should not be driving when they are under the influence of such drugs.

You would hate me then, my friend as I've done both on more occasions than I care to count. I have been extremely lucky as the only auto accidents I have been in have had nothing to do with drugs or alcohol...likewise with being stopped by the law for faulty driving.

Since June, I have smoked weed twice. I used to smoke pretty constantly, but when I started looking for another job, I wanted to be clean to pass a drug test. I am also trying to lose a chronic case of apathy and it has been suggested to me that my constant weed smoking could be a contributing factor.

Since I've gone "on the wagon" the apathy has not gone away...so I suspect it's not the weed.

I have done enough acid in my life that I think I may have pretty much learned all about myself that it can teach me. I still consider doing a hit or two for "old times sake" but I don't really see that happening.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I would happily drive an hour after having a pint even though still under the influence!! :lol: I do not think that is dangerous though and is under the limit here in britain.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

i don't do drugs,and never will,i have a life,unlike some people whose name i would'nt dream of mentioning!!!!!!!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

mosespa wrote:
Real Pink in the Inside wrote:One thing I cannot stand are people who drink and drive, or get stoned and then drive.

You would hate me then, my friend as I've done both on more occasions than I care to count.
I did say "I cannot stand...people who drink and drive...," but I meant to say "I cannot stand it when people drink and drive." My older brother has done his fair share of driving under the influence of alcohol, and I don't hate him.
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

never touched the stuff.

been in the vicinity of people who do

bong smoke gives me headaches.

im also asthmatic *slips the hotel owner a few hundred*

so smoking is right out.

alcohol is my drug of preference - a good strong beer or bourban :)

go tha homebrew ;)
shineonyoucrazydiamond

Post by shineonyoucrazydiamond »

I smoke marijuana, I drink beer, I smoke cigarettes. So what??
I've driven under the influence. Speaking from experience I can drive under the influence of several joints better than I can under the influence of an equivalent amount of alcohol (5 joints= more than 12 beers for example). I don't see the big deal about driving after having smoked weed (bring on the flame throwers) Drunk on the otherhand is different. Yet again this is speaking from many many experiences and, of course luck concerning the alcohol. I try to not drive after having more than a few beers even though after several I wouldn't really consider myself drunk, but the breathalyzer tells a different story.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That is just silly. It is very wrong to drink whilst intoxicated. Imagine if you killed a family, smashed the life out of a young child... another human being. It ain't funny and it ain't right.
shineonyoucrazydiamond

Post by shineonyoucrazydiamond »

kjnpf wrote:That is just silly. It is very wrong to drink whilst intoxicated. Imagine if you killed a family, smashed the life out of a young child... another human being. It ain't funny and it ain't right.
If you're refering to my comments, I brought up the point of driving because it was mentioned before. The breathalyzer machine will say I'm drunk long before I actually am (ie feel the effects) If I drive after I've had a few, the only person I'm putting at risk is myself, of getting busted.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Yes I do but it's not a bad thing

Post by Stiggs »

I said in the other forum that I've done this and that, but that was all my past. I did them because I wanted to see what the experiences were like. My friends were doing it, so why not (NOTE - I'm not doing the "All my friends are doing it so I should be too" thing here, I watched my friends experiences because I wanted to see any potential dangers or precautions that may arise). I mean, who can't trust their friends, and when aren't your real friends there for you? So anyways, like I said, I've done weed, acid, shrooms, opium, and ecstacy. I have no reason to try anything else. I've done enough self introspection and have learned that I no longer need to do shrooms, opium or ecstacy. Ecstacy is fun, that's about it. What I've found out is after a while it becomes unfulfilling, and you start developing a need to be rolling (For the uneducated, rolling is the term for when you're on E) at clubs/raves/whatever. Plus if you start getting really badly into it, it's very difficult to kick the habit. I was able to. Shrooms are just okay, but I never really had any good experiences on them (just a little note I had to put in here for those who have taken shrooms - the first time I saw the movie The Wall, I ate 5.7 grams of shrooms that night...wow) so I have no real reason to do them again.
Which gets me to my point.
People need to have maturity when handling things of this nature. I've smoked pot for years and will continue to do so, but only when I feel it's necessary or when it seems like a good time. I don't NEED to "smoke weed everyday" like the rappers. I do this because people need to understand how much drugs can influence their lives. That's why I tried what I tried, and I never wanted to milk an experience for what it's worth. There is also stuff I will never try...heroin, morphine, crack, cocaine, DMT (doubt u heard of it but believe me it's STRONG) because stuff of that nature I just don't trust myself. Those things have such an addictive nature that I just won't allow myself to try it. My old party self says "hey u never know, u might like it"...meanwhile my conscience tells me "careful you might like it." See what I mean?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Sorry, but if i was drinking and driving then i may cause an accident. A joint isn't going to make me crash. And even if it did i would probably only be driving at 2 miles per hour anyway. Going to damn fast. SCREEEEEEEEEEECH. Man, almost hit something. Cars building up behind me and everything, but it would be bloody safer than drink driving.

Ok, say what you want about my inrto, but we live in a world where an anti drug advert can be followed by a Budweiser advret. Why? There's better drugs than alcohol and there's better drugs for you. What i find concidential is that drugs that can expand your mind and let you see that everyday of your life you're being screwed over are banned while drugs that do nothing for you aren't. Ciggarettes and alchol? Pah, that's all legal, yet ciggies are much the same as joints, and alcohol has similar effects, it's just it makes you more violant.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:twisted: I gotta say readingthis that man I drove well drinking, hundreds of times, and stoned too. But i been doin this longerthen most of yhou have probally been alive. Ive used shrooms, acid, ber, liquer, cocaine once, lsd in the 70s. but i dont use pot as much, like oncesa week now. also joints dont mke you as meesed up for driving 8 jointd, compared to 20 sum beers, or ten or 12 mixed drinks. i mosly only drink in my trailer now. like tonite 12 pack of oldmilwalkee beer, since my dad loaned me the money for my xcomputor. barrett is reattlin the windows and i gotta