Anyone NOT do drugs ?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I grow up during the 70s & early 80s and I have to admit I did every drug I could get my hands on, but never did drink and drive.I had a really cool mom, She would let us drink and even get it for us but we had to stay around the house.It wasn't bad atoll all my Friends would come over and we would party,they was good at my house. I guess they thought if my mom was good enough to let us do it at her house they could be good.Hey the first person I ever smoked weed with was my dad after my parents splitup.I didn't let it mess me up when I grew up.I have had some really great jobs,ran a coal mine and bossed at so many I can't count.I quit smoking weed when my boy turned 4,didn't want him to say dad smokes dope.Now he is 17 and smokes & drinks a little, told him just don't let it rule your life.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Drugs are now more available than ever here. Everyone in school now takes them. It's like people used to drink underage to look cool, now it's cannabis instead and people trying to look tortured. I just don't understand people my age :roll:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

Drinking is far more popular where i go to school, but quite a few people smoke and stuff too. Its pretty interesting, because 75% of the kids who smoke do it to be cool, or because they want to be known as a "stoner"
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

i only smoke weed and it is medical marijuana. i have a VERY occasional pint of ale or glass of wine. that is all. after 45 years on this earth, i have learned some of my lessons (though i have done pretty much every illicit drug in the past)
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

I don't do drugs. I've seen what it can do to people.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

decampos wrote:doing drugs is for homosexuals.
No it isn't.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

blimey that was quick! Well done. I posted that for about 30 seconds before I changed it thinking I'd get in trouble.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

although it's true.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

If you define the "worst drugs" to be the ones that have killed the most people, tobacco and alcohol top the list.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

very true RPITI, but i know plenty of people that ruined a great section of their life due to drugs, and dont get me wrong, anyone can do what they want, im not very anti drug, but anything in extreme amounts is dumb. of course, many people ruin their ENTIRE life due to cigs and too much booze
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Alcohol and tobacco aside, how many other LEGAL things can screw up lives?? Many. There are as many legal things that can screw up people's lives as there are drugs. Maybe more.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

bong wrote:Maybe more.
Definitely more.

Just to name a few:

- Trying to feel comfortable as a part of society (Trying to "fit in" or however you want to put it)
- Work (Being on the run all the time, etc.)
- Time itself (Coming to grips with time passing by, and how we are all approaching death ever so quickly it seems)
- Religion (Thoughts of death, etc.)
- Money (Money issues, greed, etc.)
- War (Or merely conflict of any kind)

DSOTM, anyone? :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I used to binge with my friends twice a week when I was seventeen. What a waste of Time and Money. (Sorry, that was a bit obvious.) I can't stand pubs in England. They're unbelievably boring. Full of alcoholics (well duh) and rugby players. :| And there's never anything decent on the jukebox. The only place I've found anything with Pink Floyd on was in Cornwall. 'Brick 2'. At last! Oh well, at least my local has 'Layla'. :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

FeelingVeryPink wrote:I used to binge with my friends twice a week when I was seventeen. What a waste of Time and Money. (Sorry, that was a bit obvious.) I can't stand pubs in England. They're unbelievably boring. Full of alcoholics (well duh) and rugby players. :| And there's never anything decent on the jukebox. The only place I've found anything with Pink Floyd on was in Cornwall. 'Brick 2'. At last! Oh well, at least my local has 'Layla'. :)
The pubs in my town are great! Full of fit women, every Floyd album on the video jukeboxes and no egg chasers (rugby players) in sight!!! :lol:

There is one good pub though called The Tavern in Widnes where I live. They have a video jukebox and has a decent selection of videos. It is owned by an ex-egg-chaser though. He used to play for widnes but not in the superleague. :)

The women are generally gorgeous in there as it is quite a trendy place!! That, of course, is why I go there. No, no, no! Not because I am trendy! :lol:
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

I dig chicks with british accents.
"British babes need discipline" Al Bundy
Last edited by bong on Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.