Pink floyd remix cd

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Pink floyd remix cd

Post by Devil man 665 »

Me and simpledumbpilot have been thinking of makeing a pink floyd remix cd and maybe we could share it around with the users on this forum. Si get your thinky caps on and remix you faveroute floyd tunes :P

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/insomniac_ ... oydmix.zip

so far we have my 'wake the dead' version of 'several species of animals' from 'ummagumma'

and simpledumbpilots 'matilda mothers payola disco remix'

post a link to your remix and i'll add it to the mixes.

If we get enough i might consider a small site for them

i have limited bandwidth so mirrors would be nice ;)
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

count me in! how long do i have to make one, as i am quite busy right now, but am definatly interested. How does a month sound?
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

thanks anytime! its gonna be an ongoing thingy :?

u any idea what song you might use?
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

Devil_man_665 wrote:thanks anytime! its gonna be an ongoing thingy :?

u any idea what song you might use?
I am not sure yet. It will probably be something from early floyd through the wall...but you never know. I will have to give it some thought and decide what I want to do to the song.

On a related side note, I have am putting a website up with some of my home recordings. It should be completed relatively shortly. When it is done, I will post the addy here to see what you guys think of my musings.
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

I bought Club Bowie yesterday. It's a collection of 12'' remixes. One remix at a time is ok, but a full cd of them is like torture to me. I'm sorry I'm not jumping for joy, but does the world really need something like Comfortably Numb (cool numb disco inferno dance remix)?

Even though I don't sound enthusiastic about your project, could you send me the finished product? You never know how great your remixes turn out to be... :)
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Heikki wrote:I bought Club Bowie yesterday. It's a collection of 12'' remixes. One remix at a time is ok, but a full cd of them is like torture to me.
I am just waiting for the "Black Tie, White Noise" special edition to come to me: normal CD + remixes + DVD. I am starting to be afraid...
Heikki wrote: I'm sorry I'm not jumping for joy, but does the world really need something like Comfortably Numb (cool numb disco inferno dance remix)?
:lol: It should be based on the rhythm pattern of U2 "Numb", with backing vocals by the Edge. That would be SOMETHING :shock: :lol:
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

Anna-Roza wrote:I am just waiting for the "Black Tie, White Noise" special edition to come to me: normal CD + remixes + DVD. I am starting to be afraid...
Well, the cd 2 is not just remixes. It's quite listenable.
Last edited by Heikki on Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

i cant say mine is very listenable but i'm sure it give you some tri p if you were on the right kind of drugs ;)
eardrum
Embryo
Embryo

Post by eardrum »

sounds a good idea, if done properly!
there are already soem very dodgy mixes out there
eardrum
Embryo
Embryo

Post by eardrum »

obviously should have said SOME !