Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
spike
Blade
Blade

Zoom pedal

Post by spike »

Hi all,
Ive got a ZOOM 505II effects pedal and im wondering if anyone
has got the settings to make a gilmour type sound?
preferably for the lead in CN.

any other floyd settings for the 505II would be great too
THANKS
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

That pedel should be called the pedel at the gates of dawn. My brother has one and playing Astronomie Domine and Lucifer Sam with the effects from the pedel kicks so much ass.
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

I don't know the pedal but I checked the zoom site and it looks quite impressive very versatile.

(But that doesn't answer your question, this might: try some distortions/compression/chorus together)
spike
Blade
Blade

Post by spike »

thanks guys i will keep trying :D
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

first off, i gotta question, why did you get a zoom? they really don't have the best effects, and they're not very sturdy in structure. IMO you should've gone with boss or digitech. but, whatever turns you on. but i would say, just put on a little bit of hall reverb, turn the EQ with a little bit of mids, less bass, and a decent amount of highs. then maybe turn on an amp simulator, or very slight distortion with virtually no gain. i've got a 505, and two digitech pedals. i've never played on the 505II. i don't know, maybe it's better. :)
spike
Blade
Blade

Post by spike »

cheers for reply... i got the zoom a while ago because i have only been playing for a year ... Its not a bad pedal really aand is strong enough for home use at least..... now i could get another but im about to get a new guitty... not sure as to if i should get a strat or a les paul :roll:

laters