Christmas number 1 in your country?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Christmas number 1 in your country?

Post by simpledumbpilot »

So whats number 1 for christmas in your country? I have to say that Im delighted with ours (well, given the options anyway), ''Mad World'' by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules, altho its a cover version its a complete reworking and bears almost no resemblence to the original, which is exactly how a cover should be and has always been the highlight of the Donnie Darko soundtrack for me (Im a big fan of the Tears for Fears original anyway). Unfortunately I dont think we'll hear much more from them after this tho. Heres the UK top 5 singles for this christmas....

1 MAD WORLD - MICHAEL ANDREWS FT GARY JULES
(the best of the bunch)
2 CHRISTMAS TIME (DON'T LET THE BELLS END) - DARKNESS
(does anyone still find them funny??)
3 CHANGES - OZZY & KELLY OSBOURNE
(yes Ozzy you are going thru changes, you are destroying your legacy and becoming the biggest embaressment on earth)
4 PROPER CRIMBO - BO SELECTA
(the latest TV fad here in the UK, would have still done as well if it had been by the cast of ''The Office'')
5 HAPPY XMAS (WAR IS OVER) - IDOLS
(seeing this lot in one place at one time really does make me wish Id asked for just one small weapon of mass destruction of my own this christmas, such a wasted opportunity)
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

I take it you're bored as you have been reduced to looking at the charts!!!
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

ALBUM CHART WEEK 51:

1 R?j?hdysvaara
PIKKU G (I hate this little guy who thinks he is EMINEM)
2 Yst?v?n laulut
VESA-MATTI LOIRI (Finnish, old commedian)
3 Joulu
LAULUYHTYE RAJATON (I haven't heard this but I think I wouldn't buy this either)
4 Ympyr??
TIKTAK (16-21-year old girls playing... rock?! )
5 Tykkihitit! Vol. 11
SMURFFIT (You know Smurfs? I hate their music)

SINGLE Chart WEEK 51:

1 Black Night

2 Ota mut - EP
RIPSIPIIRAKKA (band is named after p*ssy)
3 Ei koskaan en??
@JUNKMAIL (never heard)
4 Still Alive
NEGATIVE (sh*t)
5 Read My Scars
DIABLO (sh*t)

I'm so positive. :)
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Thanks JML. That cheered me too. :lol:
Ill be hoping big asteroid to hit the earth for christmas present.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Jack Dempsey wrote:I take it you're bored as you have been reduced to looking at the charts!!!
:D You can say that again, I have this week off and absolutely nothing to do, look what Ive been reduced to already, and its only monday!!! Still, interesting to see whats going on in other countries tho, JML I've never heard of any of the artists in your charts, except the Smurfs of course.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Glad to see Mad World at no 1 but dont you just long for the days when the choir of St Winifreds School had a no 1 with"There's No-one Quite Like Grandma"?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

stephen wrote:Glad to see Mad World at no 1 but dont you just long for the days when the choir of St Winifreds School had a no 1 with"There's No-one Quite Like Grandma"?
:lol: I wonder whatever happened to that girl with the big gap in her teeth that sung the lead?? One of my friends is convinced shes now a smack addict living on the streets in Shepherds Bush :shock: :D However hes only ever relayed this theory after numerous pints of Stella :D I think were also overdue a Brian & Michael come back!!!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
stephen wrote:Glad to see Mad World at no 1 but dont you just long for the days when the choir of St Winifreds School had a no 1 with"There's No-one Quite Like Grandma"?
I think were also overdue a Brian & Michael come back!!!
Now you're talking...there's a little tear forming in my eye at the very thought of it.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

stephen wrote:Now you're talking...there's a little tear forming in my eye at the very thought of it.
:D It really is that kind of song isnt it, I dont think theres a more nostalgic record in existence!!! Do you remember the Barron Knights mickey take on A Taste of Aggro??? (what happened to them??!!! and how the hell did they get in the charts??!!!)
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

No.no.no.no for Gods sake stop it pleeeeeeeeeeeease
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

stephen wrote:No.no.no.no for Gods sake stop it pleeeeeeeeeeeease
:lol: Consider it done :D , Im going to dig out some of me classic 7'' singles now :D
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Just time to play my trump card then....wait for it.........MR BLOBBY.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

That Mad World cover is a load of crap,not very christmas like is it?.The singles chart in England is very bad,has been for while now.At least the Darkness track was about christmas!!!!.
Are Pink Floyd the biggest and most famous band not to have done a Christmas record?.
And as for the pop idols covering Happy Christmas(War Is Over)well,Simon Cowell should be strung up for letting them do it,no-one should be aloud to cover John Lennon!!!.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Personally i was hoping the bo selekta song was number 1 for a joke

Christmas number 1 songs don't have to be about christmas, just look at ABITW2. It's much less of a cash in that way and i'm glad people recognised Gary Jules over The Darkness
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Darn it, David beat me to the point I was going to make about xmas no.1s not having to be chrissmassy (and hes a moderator as well!!), would you have preferred PF to have only reached no.2 or a lower position? bearing in mind the fact that a lot of Floyds replays of ABITW2 are due to the fact that it reached no.1 and thus still remaining an entry point for new Floyd fans. I could quite easily twist your words into suggesting that youd prefer a non-floyd no.1 but youve already made yourself look stupid enough.