Live

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Live

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Generally Im not a fan of such straight forward rock but I really feel Live have something special, admittedly their last 2 albums havent been much to talk about but Mental Jewlry has a very distinct sound, Throwing Copper was the REM / Pearl Jam hybrid that really brought their songs to the fore, Secret Samadhi saw them stretch out a little and begin to experiment and Distance to Here really brought the experimentation to the fore (especially when listened to with headphones, fantastic attention to detail!), They seem appropriately named also given that they are just stunning live but that said their original name, in spite of how awful it was (Public Affection) also seemed apt due to the crowd responses, Ive not seen this band for over 3 years but am having a little renaissance, any other fans here?
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

I like Live, or shoud I say: I liked Live, or should I say: I like Live?s Throwing Copper album.....its their only album I have and I gotta say I don?t like it as much as I did when I was 14, but that doesn?t mean I dislike it.....I don?t know about the other albums ?cause I haven?t listened to them

Last edited by Charade I am on Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

THey are freaking horrible. :smt087
definetly not Pearl Jam/REM hybrid records from them. :cry:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Diin Jaffa wrote:THey are freaking horrible. :smt087
Hey mispelt 5 pin seedless, what point during the album made you reach that conclusion? Altho your post is referring to a plural so Im assuming you didnt read my post properly, of course there is still the option that you did but have severe difficulties, which to be fair would make more sense given the persona you portray.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Operation Spirit is a song that has grated on my nerves since day one.

Having said that...I like Throwing Copper quite a bit (though I don't actually own it) and what I've heard from Secret Samadhi was quite cool.

Ed Kowalczyk (spelling?) brilliantly writes lyics that are spiritual in nature without being theistic.

He's been an inspiration to me on my current work in progress.

They lost me after Secret Samadhi...what I was hearing just kind of sounded like more of the same...maybe I should listen a little closer.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
Diin Jaffa wrote:THey are freaking horrible. :smt087
Hey mispelt 5 pin seedless, what point during the album made you reach that conclusion? Altho your post is referring to a plural so Im assuming you didnt read my post properly, of course there is still the option that you did but have severe difficulties, which to be fair would make more sense given the persona you portray.
Dont attack me. just giving my opinion. I think they are the new bon jovi. :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Ive only just begun to attack you for YOU ARE the new Bon Jovi! I'll tear you apart oh seedless one, you mark my words!
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Its your thread
now or never
you are not gonna live forever
you are gonna make this a great thread
its your thread

*tacky guitar solo*
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

EDITED BY ADMIN - I am sure you agree that the use of that word in unacceptable? :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

simpledumbpilot wrote:EDITED BY ADMIN - I am sure you agree that the use of that word in unacceptable? :)
Surely not when its directed at Diin Jaffa :D Everything has an exception!! :D

(Damn Brass Eye, its changed the meaning of the word forever!, originally it was a derivative of someone talking nonsense, which I think its fair to say is an art that Diin Jaffa has mastered :D )
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
simpledumbpilot wrote:EDITED BY ADMIN - I am sure you agree that the use of that word in unacceptable? :)
Surely not when its directed at Diin Jaffa :D Everything has an exception!! :D

(Damn Brass Eye, its changed the meaning of the word forever!, originally it was a derivative of someone talking nonsense, which I think its fair to say is an art that Diin Jaffa has mastered :D )
You made tinkerbell leave.
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

I like their Throwing Copper.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Charade I am wrote:I like Live, or shoud I say: I liked Live, or should I say: I like Live?s Throwing Copper album.....its their only album I have
I could repeat your statement... I liked Kowalczyk's voice very much, and songs on the first album were good. I didn't like the second one at all, and afterwards I stopped listen to them.