Opeth

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Opeth

Post by Useful Idiot »

Sweedish progressive death metal. I haven't been able to stop listening to their album Blackwater Park recently. I'm not usually into death metal, but these guys are the exception. Any fans?
gillis
Axe
Axe

Post by gillis »

sorry, i never heard of them :(
Atlas
Embryo
Embryo
Location: Rhymes with: Nation, Vacation, Station, Occupation, Mission, Addition, Creation, Ect.

Re: Opeth

Post by Atlas »

Useful Idiot wrote:Sweedish progressive death metal. I haven't been able to stop listening to their album Blackwater Park recently. I'm not usually into death metal, but these guys are the exception. Any fans?
That made me laugh for some reason.

Yes, I know of them. You told me about them, infact. I've heard little of their masterpieces though.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Sounds good, we've enjoyed the rock and roll from northern europe here for the last ten years - it seems to rock more than the birth place of rock and roll. Haven't heard of these guys yet.

Are the Helicopters swedish? They're not Death metal or anything, but they are fun.
dorothy
Knife
Knife

Post by dorothy »

I don't really like death metal as such, but I have to admit that Opeth are quite good. especially Blackwater Park. I like it, though I won't become a fan.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Damnation was my fav album of 2003. Blackwater park is brilliant, the title track is a masterpiece. The production from Steven Wilson is brilliant aswell he has a great ear that dude.

In the corner beside my window
There hangs a lonely photograph
There is no reason
I'd never notice a memory that could hold me back
IainS
Blade
Blade

Post by IainS »

The fact that Steve Wilson had something to do with them was the only reason I listened to them....not bad, I suppose.