Big News!!!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Big News!!!

Post by qjamesfloyd »

According to Roger Waters Online,the much talked about History of Pink Floyd book written by Nick Mason,is to be released next year.
goto:
http://www.rogerwatersonline.com/nick_mason_book.htm
Ringorocks

Post by Ringorocks »

Yeah, it looks good.
It's got interviews with everyone. And when I say everyone, i mean everyone. Even Roger.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Yeah,well Nick and Roger are friends again,so i guess that helped.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Wasnt it Gilmour who stopped mason from releasing this book in the first time?
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Yes it was,it should have been out in 1995,but Gilmour was'nt happy with some things in the book,so,Nick delayed it,by almost a decade as it turns out.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

I hope it hasn't got too much space devoted to the post-waters pap
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

It's good Nick wrote it, he has seen it all and is not really on Rogers or Daves site.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Yeah,plus he is the only person to have been in the band from the start to now,no-one else can say that!!!!.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Nick IS pink! - I wonder if he deleted all of Gilmour's drug use history and womanizing :lol:
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Yehhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knife
Knife

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

Syd. wrote:It's good Nick wrote it, he has seen it all and is not really on Rogers or Daves site.
very good point!!!!!!!! i know that if waters wrote it it would probly filled with so much war babbling and thoughts about his father and such moans as that......

its best that mason or wright wrote the book...from a calmer, more realistic perspective.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:
Syd. wrote:It's good Nick wrote it, he has seen it all and is not really on Rogers or Daves site.
very good point!!!!!!!! i know that if waters wrote it it would probly filled with so much war babbling and thoughts about his father and such moans as that......

its best that mason or wright wrote the book...from a calmer, more realistic perspective.
yes, it would certainly be written from a much calmer and realistic perspective if rick wrote it. I'm sure we would hear a very unbiased and truthful account of his sacking from the band by that 'ego maniac'.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

decampos wrote:I hope it hasn't got too much space devoted to the post-waters pap
I asked you this in another thread but you didn't respond, so I'll ask again here.

Have you dedicated your time at NPF entirely to knocking post-Waters PF in every Floyd related post you make?
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

Ringorocks wrote:Yeah, it looks good.
It's got interviews with everyone. And when I say everyone, i mean everyone. Even Roger.
That's not strictly true, I'm pretty sure Syd wasn't interviewed for the book. And if he did, it would be like the so called interview in the Tim Willis book, which was basically Syd telling him to "p*ss off".
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Useful Idiot wrote:
decampos wrote:I hope it hasn't got too much space devoted to the post-waters pap
I asked you this in another thread but you didn't respond, so I'll ask again here.

Have you dedicated your time at NPF entirely to knocking post-Waters PF in every Floyd related post you make?
this is the forum to do it. no need to get upset because of masterpieces like AMLOR. :lol: seriously, decampos put up a good point! I dont want this new PF promoting rubbish either in that book. I hardly think Nick will be too neutral.