the Doors reunion

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

the Doors reunion

Post by decampos »

Have you lot heard of 'the Doors 21st Century'? It's a bizarre reunion of the band with the Cult's Ian Astbury Filling in for Morrison. How incredible.

xfm gave their Wembley gig a pretty awful review. I can imagine it was a heinous show:

http://ixfm.fimc.net/Article.asp?id=15678
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Now, we argue about weather PF is PF with or without various members, but the Doors without Morrison?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Morrison is dead. The doors are dead.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Astbury is a decent enough singer, but he's no Morrison...
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

God that sounds frightening. Were all the Doors in on this? I remember reading somewhere that Densmore (the drummer) sued the other two members or something when they once tried to set up a post-Morrison Doors.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Keith Jordan wrote:Morrison is dead. The doors are dead.
You have spoken wise, my friend :)
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Ian Astbury is also on the dvd Storyteller (or something), and ok he is no Jim Morrison but I think he was one of the best guest vocalists on that one. At least he didn't think his ego was bigger than the complete Doors.
Last week I saw the LA Doors (I believe a Brittish band) and I really enjoyed it. In the beginning I kinda disliked that only the singer tried to look like the real doors but the rest played very nicely so why judge them on looks!
I believe they are breaking up so it's nice that the other coverband (with Ray, Robbie and John) come together again. Surely not as good as with Jim but I think Pink Floyd with Waters was also better than without and I still like Pink Floyd. (ehh... only a few new songs actually...)
Radish
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Radish »

Piper wrote:God that sounds frightening. Were all the Doors in on this? I remember reading somewhere that Densmore (the drummer) sued the other two members or something when they once tried to set up a post-Morrison Doors.
I am not sure if Densmore sued them however, I do know thta he can not play any more due to arthritis. So I believe the drummer from The Police filled his place I could be completely wrong on all of this though.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Stuart Copland...that was the case about two years ago or so, when they first came up with the idea...they did a gig with him and Astbury then (Molson Park around these parts).
ivealwaysbeenmad
Embryo
Embryo

Another Doors reincarnation

Post by ivealwaysbeenmad »

another Doors reincarnation played in a small club in Richmond VA back in the late '90s
they were just another club band playing tunes UNTIL they broke into material from the '60s
then they were AWESOME
wish I'd taped it