Rush In Rio DVD

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Rush In Rio DVD

Post by FloydNZ »

I have just discovered the Canadian band Rush. I had heard the name mentioned before, but had never heard anything by them until a couple of weeks ago when our local rock radio station played 2112 as a "late-night-long-one". On the strength of that track I went and bought the Rush in Rio dvd......It is awesome.....
Geddy Lee is a Bass-playing God and drummer Neil Peart is an absolute machine, his 8 minute + drum solo is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen/heard. I had better mention the guitarist too, Alex Lifeson.....he's no David Gilmour but he plays a mean guitar.
I can't believe that they have been around since the early 70s without me ever having heard anything by them.
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

Rush is a great prog rock band, with great talent in the playing, but is also an underrated band, IMO. Rush have won several prizes in some countries, but never have got the mediatic attention that other bands get, sadly.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

They're Canadian, and we Canadians don't support each other in anything. Outside of Canada, people don't give a **** about what we do. Toronto, Vancouver, London and New York were the places that Punk really happened...but nobody knows how big Punk was here at the time, or how important our Punk bands were...

Rush. Well, they are our most popular Prog. export..."We're on the road to Bankok, Aboard the Thailand express..."

Rush is a little overrated. Saw them about 8 or 9 times for free! They are technically not bad, but I'm not sure how much soul they have.
gillis
Axe
Axe

Post by gillis »

being a canadian i think rush are overrated here. you can't listen radio without hearing a rush song every 30 min or so. they're spectacular in concert thought. i saw the signal concert in 83 or was it 82, anyway that was great.
Devil man 665
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Devil man 665 »

Good bands dont need media attention IMO it wears them out because people get bored of seeing them all the time. I think Pink floyd released Virtualy no singles *i dont realy know any better* But i've never ever seen any floyd material in 'best of 70's/80's' floyd is famous among fans not on tv thats why so many people i know have never even heard of them.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

The trees is my fav rush song, i would really like to see that dvd but havent seen it in any stores yet.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

I just got the Rush in Roi DVD today! What a kick ass conert! I've been into rush for a long time and they're awesome! I love La Villa Strangiato!
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

I'm sorry, but I can't stand Rush. The music is good enough, but the singing just grinds into my brain. Maybe if they have some instrumental tracks I could give them a better listen.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

instrumental? listen to.... La Villa Strangiato and Cygnus X-1
gillis
Axe
Axe

Post by gillis »

as well as *yyz* and most of *the camera eye* both on the *moving pictures* album
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

Rush In Rio was surprisingly good. I bought the triple-cd. Didn't expect much after the poor Vapor Trails.
gila
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gila »

one does not expect all to enjoy Rush, but one should not pass up by-tor but it may be a little too hard for you old timers :twisted: