Beautiful Song (#01) - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

My fave song off Simon and Garfunkel would be Sounds of Silence. I like their music and lyrics, but I don't like their voices, strangely.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:My fave song off Simon and Garfunkel would be Sounds of Silence. I like their music and lyrics, but I don't like their voices, strangely.
That's also my favourite, Mrs. Robinson closely second.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I know you are right, but sometimes I do care what other people think about me or my opinion and I know I should stand above that, but I just care about it.
When I was young I used to feel the same way and wondered whether I should be listening to certain bands in case it wasn't cool.But as you get older you realise that none of that really matters and that there is so much great music out there,past and present to listen to so do something really cool instead...do your own thing.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

I do not own any of S&G albums, but I like to listen to them, e.g. when their songs are played on the radio.

I liked The Lemonheads' version of "Mrs Robinson". Does anybody here remember The Lemonheads? One of my friends has seen Evan Dando recently, when being at the party after John Parish concert.....
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Anna-Roza wrote:...I liked The Lemonheads' version of "Mrs Robinson". Does anybody here remember The Lemonheads? ...
Evan also made a nice cover of Abba's Knowing me knowing you a.o.