Roger Waters meets Van Halen????

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Angrytim

Roger Waters meets Van Halen????

Post by Angrytim »

I rented "The Legend of 1900" last night both because I love Tim Roth as an actor and I really dig Ennio Morricone's film scores (SP?). But, but I suppose what really made me rent it was that I wanted to see the movie that Roger had written "Lost Boys Calling," for.

:roll: UM... ... I watched the credits and was very surprised (I may be the last person on earth to realize this but) I hadn't realized that the guitar work on it was Eddie Van Halen..... I just assumed that it was Doyle Bramhall III...... Based on the albums that included Jeff Beck, and Eric Clapton.... I would say that Roger enjoys finding the BEST freaking guitarists on the planet to back-up his music..... Does anyone out there feel that this might be a sign that Eddie will be working on the new record. I thought for sure roger was going to keep Doyle (whom I think is awsome) but... bringing Eddie Van Halen in might just add the extra ounce of pressure Roger needs to burst back into the music worlds eye. :P

Thoughts???
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Roger is certainly touring with some great people on his current adventure!! I saw him on 21st June at the NEC in Birmingham, England, and he was great!! :D
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I think it would be pretty cool if Roger got Eddie Van Halen to play guitar on his next studio album. I doubt it will happen, though.

I saw The Legend of 1900 at the local Blockbuster yesterday, but I didn't bother getting it because it is only a two day rental currently. I'm going to pick it up when it becomes a five day rental. Is it a good film?
angrytim

Post by angrytim »

Yeah ... I thought "Legend Of 1900" was great ,,,, it's a 20's sort of period peice... I thought it was a really creative script....and I could see why Roger would be doing a song for it. .... If you can get the DVD .. there is a nice little snipit of Roger Talking about the film and why he did the song for it..

T!M :?:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

angrytim wrote:If you can get the DVD .. there is a nice little snipit of Roger Talking about the film and why he did the song for it..

I think I'm going to have to rent it tonight now! :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Legend of 1900 is playing on Sky Digital in Britain if anybody wants to watch it. Should be on within two weeks. i will have to check the listings when I get time. :D I have only seen about 10 mins of it and it seemed really good from that alone!
Floyd in Texas
Embryo
Embryo

RW/EVH

Post by Floyd in Texas »

Thanks for the movie tip. I think Tim Roth is great. Haven't heard much from him lately. This is my first post to this forum. Hello, Keith.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hello "Floyd In Texas". Hope you have lots of fun around here on the forum. :D :D
eduss
Embryo
Embryo

Post by eduss »

AFAIK, the OST of "The Legend of 1900" is available in two versions: the one which can be found all over the world and the Italian one.
I'm looking for that one because the Roger song is a little different (don't know why?!?!)
Has anyone more infos?
Thanks, eduss
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
angrytim wrote:If you can get the DVD .. there is a nice little snipit of Roger Talking about the film and why he did the song for it..

I think I'm going to have to rent it tonight now! :D
I JUST GOT DONE WATCHING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Amazing how it was almost exactly one year ago I said I would rent it...
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

And I thought I was a procrastinator.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

BTW, the film is pretty good. $1.85 and two hours well spent! I would like to see the Italian version, which is forty-five minutes longer.
gila
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gila »

I think I'm going to have to rent it tonight now! :D[/quote]

I JUST GOT DONE WATCHING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Amazing how it was almost exactly one year ago I said I would rent it...[/quote]

thats just funny!