Scissor Sisters Q&A

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scissor Sisters Q&A

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have set up a questions and answers session with Scissor Sisters who are releasing a cover of Comfortably Numb in a couple of weeks. They are getting heavy rotation on BBC Radio 1 etc. and should be a big band in 2004.

I have an opportunity for you to submit questions to them and, like with the Piper book, you will be entered into a prize draw for a signed CD or DVD or something!

Get thinking about some proper questions people and make sure you are subscruibed to the newsletter as that is where I will be announcing it! :-)

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/newsletter/

Thanks people! :-) It is actually quite an original cover. Better than Wycleff's Wish You Were Here!
IainS
Blade
Blade

Post by IainS »

Keith, I feel some people will NOT like this version!

I think it is brilliant and will be buying their album based on this track and their previous single.

I expect some negative comments on this one....
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

I totally agree with you Iain......there are some people who won't like the song......I think this new version of Comfortably Numb is AWFUL....maybe the worst cover of a Pink Floyd song I have heard (and I have the awful Rosebud Discoballs album, so thats saying something)

Although I generally don't like Wyclef Jeans style of music, I thought he did quite a good cover of WYWH.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I hope people are nice to them with their questions. I hope to get you access to lots of famous people in the future with the questions and answers thing!!

I have the 12" vinly artwork on the way so would anybody want to see that or are you just not interested? There is little or no Pink Floyd news or material so I need something for you people that is fresh and new!!

I do try!! :)
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

from an interview with The Times (quoted on Brain Damage http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/general/news.html)

Of their new single, singer Jake Shears, 24, said: "I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, although I think they'll hate what we've done to their song. I know Dave Gilmour has heard our version of Comfortably Numb, but no one will tell me what he thought, which doesn't bode well. I'm their biggest fan. I treated their song with the utmost respect. I know our version is slightly silly, but honestly, it's not supposed to be a joke."

I'm listening to it now - I like it :D 70s/80s disco electro - also reminds me of Frankie goes to holywood - Relax (I want to hear two tribes now)
Ivan_2068
Blade
Blade

Post by Ivan_2068 »

I almost never listen radio, so I didn't have the slightest idea about what all of you were talking until this morning when I found my secretary in the TV room of the office watching Sony Chanel, and there they were.

My personal opinion is that this cover sucks, one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen or heard. Almost like a silly 80's video and the most horrible version of a classic.

Don't know who sold them the rights.

Iv
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

They sent me a screener of the music video and it is uninteresting to say the least!! Very dated and low budget.