Best King Crimson vocalist?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff

Who's your favorite King Crimson vocalist?

Greg Lake
36%
Boz Burrell
9%
John Wetton
27%
Adrian Belew
27%

Total votes: 11

Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Best King Crimson vocalist?

Post by Useful Idiot »

Since there seems to be a large number of King Crimson fans here, I figured I'd make this poll. My personal favorite is Adrian Belew, although Grake Lake isn't half-bad either.
Ivan_2068
Blade
Blade

Post by Ivan_2068 »

Lake and Wetton are similar vocalists, maybe Greg has more personality, but both have (or had) a powerful voice. Bellew is different but also great.

But the only Crimson album that I really like is In the Court of the Crimson King, so I have to vote for Greg.

Iv
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Well, something just for me!!! Great poll! You forgot about Gordon Haskell, by the way, he did also quite a good job on "In the Wake of Poseidon" and "Lizard" albums.

Listening to "The First Day" (that sounds very much like "The Power To Believe", only ten years earlier.... ) and live "Damage" album, I always think David Sylvian would be the best King Crimson vocalist, with his voice of unearthly beauty and great sensitivity.... However, I think it's good he refused Robert Fripp's offer to join KC at the beginning of the 90s - now we can get a double amount of gorgeous music ("Blemish" and "The Power To Believe" are my favourite albums released in 2003).

Greg Lake was amazing, but only for the first band's incarnation, Adrian Belew is great for latest stuff, but terrible when singing pieces like "21st CSM" (but he's an ingenious guitar player, and has certainly more sense of humour than any KC musician ever - great showman ).
So my vote finally goes to Mr John Wetton (great bass player IMHO), whose voice I find the most beautiful and touching (well, "Larks'" and "Red" are also my favourite KC albums ).
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

This man's vote goes to Wetton, too. That probably has a lot to do with the material he sang, the 3 KC studio albums he's on are IMO their best.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

my fav is greg lake but they?re all good on their fields (except boz burrell, uh ?)
:lol:
peace
zag
fossilhippie
Axe
Axe

You forgot a vocalist

Post by fossilhippie »

On Lizard, Jon Anderson sang Prince Rupert Awakes.

I always thought that was as good as anything he ever did w/ Yes.